Easy to fill glass clearo? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Easy to fill glass clearo?

Super Member Verified Member Scarey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MPGTucker View Post
    I don't know why I never thought of this. Awesome tip.

For a long time I used a carto tank. I can get pre-punched and flanged Smok brand cartomizers locally for $11 per box of 5. Fairly cheap and I only had to replace them about once every two weeks. Smok also makes a pyrex glass DCT tank for the punched cartos, I picked up mine for $15.

I also second the Protank. A bit more expensive but it will also serve as a good segway to RDA and RBA atomizers as you can start rebuilding your coil heads instead of just replacing them. I was never a fan of the stock coil heads on the protanks, kept burning the wick, but after I learned to rebuild and did one with 2mm Ekowool and a 28g Kanthal micro coil I could see the appeal. The new Protank2 also has a replaceable drip tip so you're not stuck with the chrome mouth piece. One person I knew always complained that he could taste the chrome and didn't like it.
    I also love the Q-tip idea. I'm not entirely sure how well a person with dexterity issues would fare in the rebuild field, though.
    The Ocelot likes this.
    _____________Last analog: September 10th, 2013, Around 22:00 GMT -5______________
    At 0.5Ω of resistance you're pushing 7.4 amps and a whopping 27.38 watts...
    If you did that to an eGo, it would destroy a small village.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarey View Post
    I also love the Q-tip idea. I'm not entirely sure how well a person with dexterity issues would fare in the rebuild field, though.
    If I wasn't doing micro coil builds, I wouldn't even attempt it myself. A small vise, a paper clip and a pair of needle nose pliers make the job fly by though.

Full Member Verified Member

Let me start off by saying I'm a dct carto tank guy. I vape a strong cinnamon juice and even add some cinnamon oil to my remade cinnacide.

If you intend on using a cinnamon juice then I would go with a dct carto tank, just pull out the drip tip..twist the tank up a bit and refil.
    I now love my Protank 2's, both the full size and mini, but to refill you will need to remove them from your PV and unscrew the bottom portion then fill and place back on the PV.

If your not going to do the cinnamon or other juices that will etch/melt/crack and weaken polycarbonate tanks then I would suggest the iclear 16. Great vape and just unscrew the top portion and fill, no need to remove anything.

Those are the least expensive options. There are other more expensive options that are smaller and made of Pyrex or polypropylene and are easy to use as well. Like the vivis etc.

I may have a record for being a member the longest time without posting-2009. One of the reasons is numbness in my hands. I drop everything. In spite of this I do build coils and spend a great deal of time searching for and retrieving dropped screws, etc. I just got the Russian 91% and I love it. To answer your question, I think the Protank 2 is pretty easy, and is glass. As far as juice, for me it has been trial and error. There are great ones and many not so great. I have bought no less than 500 bottles over the last four years.

I love micro coils. I have real dexterity problems and it is frustrating. I did get a magnifier/light and it is great for rebuilding. I agree about the needle nose, paper clip, for me a tiny screwdriver, and of course my torch.

Have you tried the Davide? It has Kanger style heads and is easily fillable from the bottom with two holes for ease of filling.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterThorr138 View Post
    Have you tried the Davide? It has Kanger style heads and is easily fillable from the bottom with two holes for ease of filling.
    I just ordered the "Special Edition" gold Davide from Viper-Vape. I expect it to be almost the same as the Kanger. I didn't know it had two holes for filling.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amoret View Post
    Thanks, the medicine bottle idea might make using a bottom fill doable. It is really hard for me to hold anything small in my left hand. I'll also look into cartos, if they are just pretty much fill and go it would work, but anything that takes much fiddling is kind of out.
    The medicine bottle would work with top coil clearos too, basically anything you want to put down and keep in place - you just add more paper towel.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The Kanger Unitank is a bottom-coil clearo that fill from the top, like a Vivi Nova. It's currently in plastic, but will probably be available in glass soon (or something just like it). Smoktech makes a Vivi Nova in glass.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

I've also seen some "Hypertanks" available at a local vape shop. Looks like a hybrid between a DCT tank and a Protank. I think they're glass but I haven't actually looked at one closely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12