Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dripping atomizer questions

Default Dripping atomizer questions

Alright, I've been trying to read up and learn about this stuff but still have some unresolved questions. When it comes to dripping, the way I see it, there are 3 options. One is to modify a tank or atomizer not really made for dripping. Two is an RBA or RTA which it appears if you get into this you're building your own atomizer with wire and wick. The third, best I can figure is a dripping atomizer. I was looking at the HH.357 from Avid Vaper : Personal Vaporizers and Accessories and am a little confused. Is this thing basically disposable? My other option is something like the igo-w or igo-l which I know are rebuildable. The HH.357 and igo(s) are very close in price. From my limited experience with protanks and the like, the atomizers go bad within a month. This makes me skiddish about getting something like the HH.357 if it's just going to go bad on me in a month and be worthless afterward. Any advice?

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

With the HH.357, eventually it will go bad yes. However, read up and watch the videos on maintaining and cleaning the HH.357, proper care and they can last a good few months. RDAs like the Igo's are another option, takes a little more learning to use one safely and build one safely, however, once a coil or wick goes bad, their strengths are you can rebuild them. RBA/RTA's, depending on the style is another learning curve, especially in the Genesis types like the RSST, a lot of fiddling and trouble shooting involved with them. If you are going the route of a dripper for juice testing, I'd suggest start with a basic 510 or 306 dripping atty, they are disposable, but have been around a while, the HH.357 is a higher end 510 bridgeless dripper, so try out a couple Joyetech 510 bridgeless atty's to start before dropping the dough on an HH.357, basic 510 can last up to about a month very heavy abuse with proper cleaning, and I'd use the methods Avid vaper suggest for the .357 until you feel comfortable with them.

Full Member Verified Member

I started with a 306 and went straight to RDA/RBA's after a lot of research, reading and the right tools. I thought about the HH357 but never bought it since I was happy with the 306.

A couple of 306's will get you in the right track and you will enjoy the flavor change compared to a carto. They do go bad. Mine lasted a few weeks of heavy vaping. Give them a bit of TLC and they will work.

Down the road if you want to try some rebuildables, you got to do your homework an read, ask as many questions you have and practice safety by having a multimeter and knowledge in ohms law.

Good luck.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've heard great things about the HH.357, but it's not in my budget. I drip with plain 510 and 306 (which have 510 threading) attys and they perform just fine. As Nosmik said, they are a good place to start and you can get them for ≈ $7.00. I have a blog about dripping you might find useful:

Drip, Drip, Drip…
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

No one needs a ProVari, but if you're thinking of getting one, join us ➤➤ Lunatic Fringe

I have an hh 357 and I have to say it is the best dripper I have ever had. I would suggest that you look up GrimmGreen and PBusardo on YouTube. Grim took his apart his old one after an unfortunate incident that involved a dunk in a toilet. If I remember correctly he stated that he had been using his for about 11 months before it drowned.

Just my two cents
    Root Down and SoCalMichelle like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I was using a cheap 510 ATTY. Just got an IGO L in today, built my first coil, used cotton from a cotton ball, and vaping like a champ. Probably took me 20 minutes of fiddling around (old hands and old eyes). Quite pleased with it!
    Saltraker likes this.

Henry Louis "H. L." Mencken (September 12, 1880 – January 29, 1956)
    Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

Blog Entries

I recommend one of the disposable drip atty's before going to the Rebuildable route. Either dripping on a disposable atty or using a RDA (rebuildable drip atomizer) aren't for everyone, and the Rebuildables are much more involved requiring some research to do safely.

Information Resources for Your First RBA

Is there anyway to clear old taste from cotton wicks like how we torch the silica wicks?
    dual micro coiling an Omega dripper is not fun AT ALL. So I had to stick to the same flavor for weeks

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I use cotton in mt IGO-L, to change flavors I just drip in the new juice and the old flavor goes away real fast,or just change the cotton!

PV Master Verified Member suspectK's Avatar

Cotton is a little more difficult to deal with than silica.

Avid vapor has cisco spec atomizers for less than half the price of the HH models.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast