Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Whats the Best UK e cig

Default Whats the Best UK e cig

Hi,

I have just started on the forum and am looking for advice from UK members. I have been using disposables from one of the supermarkets for about 2 weeks now and found them quite good I have already gone from 20 B&H to about 10 a day. I am looking to buy a proper kit with chargers and everything and have seen a few online. I just want a cigarette type with refill filters, any advice on which ones are good and which ones to avoid would be welcome.

Thanks,

Arthur

I would try out a few at one of the many markets we have here in UK, or a local shop. I've met a lot of friendly people that way, and have had a ton of great advice so far. Personally, I use a simple eGo type battery (1100 mAh lasts me all day on 1 charge) and an EVOD type atomizer. All reasonably priced compared to the more exotic re-buildables, computerised VV/VW/WhatNot mods.

Later on you'll be a lot better informed when you start shopping around on the web. Of course... this place has an ocean of great advice too, but won't give you the look-and-feel experience you get with a marketeer or at a shop.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hello & welcome Arthur

Firstly, it's best to avoid any that look like & are the size of a cigarette. The batteries are so small in them that you would be recharging them every couple of hours.

You would do far better going for something more cigar sized like an ego or Riva.

Here are a couple of examples from good UK vendors -

The Riva from Vape Escape - use discount code allabout for 10% off -

Vape Escape Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit [VE151] - 34.95 : Vape Escape

Evod kit from Myepack -

E VOD Starter Kit (Black) - Starter Kits

And here is a list of other good UK e-cig & e-liquid vendors -

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboard...scrollTo=23191
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

PV Master Verified Member suspectK's Avatar

I like to use totally wicked. Quality products and customer service. If you like their liquid, they put a lot of money doing spectrum tests before distributing it. You always know down to the molecules of what you're getting.
    happydave likes this.

Thanks for your replies. I have seen people using some of the bigger e cigs, but I just want something simple, I am hoping to use it at work without being noticed too much. E-lites look quite good but they do seem very expensive. Is anyone using anything like E-lites thats cheaper.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

E-lites are indeed very expensive & there is no way their cartomisers (tips) are the equivalent of 40 cigarettes - more like 8 at the most.

If you really want something small have a look at the SD keyring, it's cheaper & has a better battery than e-lites or any other ciggie lookalike - plus it's very small -

The SD KeyRing Ecig [VE266] - 13.99 : Vape Escape

And these are the prefilled cartomisers for it (you can also refill them with e-liquid) -

SD KeyRing Prefilled Cartomisers [VE272] - 6.99 : Vape Escape

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur James View Post
    Thanks for your replies. I have seen people using some of the bigger e cigs, but I just want something simple, I am hoping to use it at work without being noticed too much. E-lites look quite good but they do seem very expensive. Is anyone using anything like E-lites thats cheaper.
    The way I see it, there are two types of e-cig you might see out and about (not including the top stuff). It'll either be a cigarette-look-a-like or an eGo battery system.

Some brands are not good - not good at all in fact. They charge double or triple every other make and the products are now almost prehistoric. Expensive doesn't begin to explain away the fact that one cartomizer is 3.99. 5 cartomizers are 20.

They will clear 40,000,000 turnover this year alone (these guys are seriously raking it in....) and are in no mood to slow down or reduce their prices. All the marketing claims have been utterly debunked by every last corner of the e-cig universe and they just stand by their outrageous claims. They might feasibly do 400 puffs if you barely puff on them, but those 400 puffs will produce a yield of less than half a pack of cigarettes worth of nicotine.

They are a sham. As are most of the others too. It is quite feasible to use look-a-like products if you can live with the lack of nicotine or the pathetic battery run times, but in truth they are very poor across the board.

I am putting together a new simple kit someone (he's been using SD keyring). He can't fill stuff and needs simplicity.

Now e-cigs are on temporary reprieve from the medicines regulation, the next year or so is going to be open season. There are new brands queuing around the block to sell plastic sticks and criminally expensive refills.

People are quitting smoking on 39.99 kits and a few bottles of e-liquid.
    People are not quitting smoking using useless plastic sticks and spending 1,000+ a year on an "alternative" that is barely more than a placebo. If they want to avoid the smoking ban, fair enough, but most don't. I wanted to quit smoking (from 3/4 pack a day) and wasted my time and money (lots of it....) believing the hype.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran happydave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suspectK View Post
    I like to use totally wicked. Quality products and customer service. If you like their liquid, they put a lot of money doing spectrum tests before distributing it. You always know down to the molecules of what you're getting.
    totally agree! I'm the USA and i use totally wicked for a lot things. because they are willing to publish the gas chromatography tests for there liquid online so everyone can see the data

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Whats the Best UK e cig

One with a Union Jack on it !!
    Keep Calm and Vape On !

PV Master ECF Veteran

Or, put another way.

I went from about 15 down to 10 and went on for months and months thinking I could quit using a supermarket type. B&H is a proper cigarette and unless you can cut down you nicotine without getting in a bad way, you will hit a brick wall with look-a-like brands.

If you want to keep it small and stick with prefilled cartomisers, find a reliable and good value vendor. Refills are available for just over 1 each if you know where to look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast