lungs sore by vaping too much - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: lungs sore by vaping too much

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hello Drumstick and welcome to ECF! Nobody here can tell you why your lungs feel sore. We can only speculate. If you're worried, please see a doctor.

You can try switching to a PG/VG blend, I like 80/70% PG eliquids, for instance. Try vaping unflavored for a while to eliminate the possibility that it's some flavoring in your juice that is irritating your throat and lungs. Cinnamon is a known respiratory irritant. You can also try vaping without inhaling and see if that helps. You'll still get the nicotine--with vaping, most of nic absorption occurs in the mouth and the nasal passages. Try vaping like you would smoke a cigar or a pipe.

But if that doesn't help--consult your physician.

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumstick7 View Post
    I can see that for some folks, but for me, long before ever vaping, I have always quit smoking every year for January and February, and because my smoking habit itself has always been light, essentially social, I've never had anything but mildly good effects from my annual abstinence.
    My post was a generic statement and not meant personally for u OP.

You are addicted to nicotine just the same, and getting nic out of your system is hard on the ole body.

PS the average liquid vaped per day is 3-4 ml.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Vapeing for Freedom

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Don't know how much you're drinking in those 3 days but...
    "So if you drink 200 millilitres of beer, the end result is 200 millilitres of water. But you don't urinate just 200 millilitres of urine. No! You urinate a total of about 320 millilitres of urine."
    200 mm= 7/8 cup or 6.7 ounces.
    Vaping alone is very dehydrating and when coupled with large quantities of alcohol or caffeine the stress on the body is quite high.

By the way, just to give some definition to how much Iím vaping, letís just say that in a single day/night of vaping (starting noon, ending 9:30 pm) Iím not emptying the blank carto that came with my eGo v6. I take your point that nobody can say what's too much, but seems like others must be using much more heavily w/out ill effect.

I suspect it's the dehydration you mention, aggravated by my habit of inconsistent use, so that my throat and lungs never get used to the stuff. Sound plausible? (Will also try staying hydrated and maybe too breathing some steam to get rid of the problem; my wife as this little steamer for her sinus probs!)

Thanks again. While Iíve got your ear of folks who understand my three night a week habit, Iím wondering if Iím better off with cartidges or a tank. In particular was thinking of the Kanger ProTank or Kanger Mini ProTank 2 from Virgin V. website, assuming this will fit on my eGo v6.

My tobacco use went something like Thursday night, 10-12 cigs; Friday 1-5 cigs; Saturday 10-12.

I realize there are many variables, but does this strike you as a job for cartridge or a tank?

(Will Kanger fit my eGo v6?)

just dont vape too much and drink more water

Both alcohol and vaping dehydrate.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

This is Wednesday, for example, and I haven’t vaped since Sunday around noon, but my lungs are still hurting a bit.
    If your lungs are sore for 4+ days, please see a doctor.

Nobody can diagnose you on the internet. The fact that you have been vaping may be totally coincidental, there are a lot of upper respiratory and sinus viruses and bacterial infections going around right now.

Please get checked out.

I would not want strangers on an internet forum "guessing" about what is wrong with my lungs and sinuses, even if they are well-meaning.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Thanks for the link above on how to inhale ecigs. Guess I have some learning to do, but I hope somebody out there can tell me that they inhale their VG ecigs without lung/throat pain the next day, because for me finding that I canít inhale is pretty much a deal breakeróif I could satisfy my urge that way, Iíd just smoke cigars, which I have never inhaled.

Any happy inhalers out there?

I mean, after all, how can so many reviewers talk about throat hit if weíre not inhaling?

BTw, I have been using 24mg nic juice. Could that be a sig. contributor to my problem?

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Thanks for the link above on how to inhale ecigs. Guess I have some learning to do, but I hope somebody out there can tell me that they inhale their VG ecigs without lung/throat pain the next day, because for me finding that I can’t inhale is pretty much a deal breaker—if I could satisfy my urge that way, I’d just smoke cigars, which I have never inhaled.

Any happy inhalers out there?

I mean, after all, how can so many reviewers talk about throat hit if we’re not inhaling?

BTw, I have been using 24mg nic juice. Could that be a sig. contributor to my problem?
    Try buying a small inexpensive bottle of VG from your local pharmacy and dilute a SMALL amount to 18 mg. Most new vapers start at 18 or 24 mg.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast