Does anyone prefer cigalikes to the bigger, more powerful models that most use? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Does anyone prefer cigalikes to the bigger, more powerful models that most use?

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Pretty soon the ciga like well be our favorite device, if the FDA gets its way.

That being said I know several people who prefer ciga likes because of their profession etc.
    AttyPops and NicoHolic like this.

Vapeing for Freedom

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I've been going back and forth between real cigs and e cigs for about a year. I wasn't until just a week ago that I finally turned the corner and went to vaping only and have sworn off cigarettes for good.
    And now you know why most move on to a larger PV.

There is no right or wrong, it's simply a matter of what will do the job of ending the need to smoke.
    I started out with an eGo -T, and I smoked my last cigarette the next day. So it was enough to get me off cigarettes, but I question if it would have been enough to keep me off cigarettes. Now, I find, that the last thing I want is for it to look like a cigarette, feel like a cigarette, or taste like a cigarette, and I damn sure don't want it to stink like a cigarette.
    Talyon, NicoHolic, Nu2Dis and 3 others like this.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

1) You do NOT have to move up to anything bigger if you don't want to.
    2) Plenty of people use cig-a-likes exclusively. For years. Forever maybe. Because they WANT to.
    3) Form factor is a very important thing for many.

Please investigate other cartos/coils. Particularly different ohms and capacities. That will change the "hit" but also reduce battery life. The harder it hits, the more electricity you use per second. So you'll need even more spare batteries. Also, if you go too low on ohms, it could damage them (hard to say for sure, probably depends on make/model and exact circuitry). So....small adjustments in ohms. Lower ohms = hotter/more vapor.

Fill em yourself, of course. Maybe research PCC's.

Also, there are USB based PT's that have a separate battery from the handheld mouthpiece so they are more-or-less cig-sized but they have a cord hanging off them. There's 5v ones too.

Or upgrade. It's all about battery capacity and features. But it's more about YOUR choices. Do what works for you.
    Tobacco free since 6/30/10 4:30 pm! VV box mod user and amateur multimeter reader.
    ♪♫♪♫♩ They call me AttyPops, AttyPops, Oh Atty Atty Atty... AttyPops! <Ba, Da, Bum, Bum> ♪♫♪♫♩

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just wondering what folks are up to. It was hard for me to make the switch from cigarettes to e cigs. At this point I have a big, refillable e cig and the Cig 2 O cigalike with replaceable cartomizers. The Cig 2 O feels and looks more like more like a cigarette, but doesn't produce the vapor that the big boys produce. However, I do like the smallness of it and the feel of having a real cigarette in my hand. Also, I don't ever feel like cleaning my big e cig, so I'm torn about which one to use. I have about 100 cartomizers in my cabinet that I bought in January, so if I stick with the Cig 2 O cigalike, I won't have to buy anything for probaly 6 months.
    I have larger PV's, but I love my eRoll. In my opinion, it's one of the best cigalike's out there.
    peraspera likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Nightcall's Avatar

I prefer cig-alikes when I'm around people who I wouldn't feel like explaining the bigger devices too. I always bring the cig-alikes when I leave my house just in case, along with the bigger stuff.

Recently I started a new part time job that you technically can smoke during, and I vaped my cig-alikes in front of my new boss (who I knew before-hand). That's the perfect situation for when cig-alikes are useful. They satisfy enough to get me through these times, but not enough on their own all day every day.
    peraspera likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran skoony's Avatar

i started on v2's and still use them along with my ego c's and generic 510 batts.
    ce5 iclears etc..
    the're standard size auto batt is perfect for when one wants to be discrete.
    fill my own carto's and use a aluminum drip tip.
    the larger hole enables me to get quite a healthy vape out of them.

regards
    mike

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Just wondering
    Given that the Joyetech eROLL topic is about 81 pages long now on the forum, I'd say that there are a lot of people happily using cig a likes.

Glad you like yours. Whatever keeps ya off the stinkies
    peraspera and Khala like this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Amraann's Avatar

I use a cig alike with a small tank.
    peraspera likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Just wondering what folks are up to. It was hard for me to make the switch from cigarettes to e cigs. At this point I have a big, refillable e cig and the Cig 2 O cigalike with replaceable cartomizers. The Cig 2 O feels and looks more like more like a cigarette, but doesn't produce the vapor that the big boys produce. However, I do like the smallness of it and the feel of having a real cigarette in my hand. Also, I don't ever feel like cleaning my big e cig, so I'm torn about which one to use. I have about 100 cartomizers in my cabinet that I bought in January, so if I stick with the Cig 2 O cigalike, I won't have to buy anything for probaly 6 months.
    Only at times do I prefer them. When I want a hands free device.

I am using cigalikes but am usually on my 18650 device. I really want to find the ultimate cigalike for hands free use.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There are members here that do like the ciga-likes over the more powerful mods out there. It's just a matter of preference. I started on Blu's for about a few days until my MVP 2 arrived and haven't touched the Blu's since..... but again, that is just my preference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast