Does anyone prefer cigalikes to the bigger, more powerful models that most use?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Does anyone prefer cigalikes to the bigger, more powerful models that most use?

Default Does anyone prefer cigalikes to the bigger, more powerful models that most use?

Just wondering what folks are up to. It was hard for me to make the switch from cigarettes to e cigs. At this point I have a big, refillable e cig and the Cig 2 O cigalike with replaceable cartomizers. The Cig 2 O feels and looks more like more like a cigarette, but doesn't produce the vapor that the big boys produce. However, I do like the smallness of it and the feel of having a real cigarette in my hand. Also, I don't ever feel like cleaning my big e cig, so I'm torn about which one to use. I have about 100 cartomizers in my cabinet that I bought in January, so if I stick with the Cig 2 O cigalike, I won't have to buy anything for probaly 6 months.

Ultra Member Verified Member

You might want to look into the Kanger Evod starter kit. It has a small form factor, though still bigger than the cig-alike.

High quality, low maintenance and good performance.

Around $50.00 shipped.

Kanger eVod Kit - Black

Blog Entries

Nope, only used cigalikes for the first three weeks and then jumped up to a small and large mechanical mod and never looked back. And since I've experienced variable voltage and regulated voltage with a Provari, I primarily use a regulated mod 99% of the time.

Family3.jpg

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Just wondering what folks are up to. It was hard for me to make the switch from cigarettes to e cigs. At this point I have a big, refillable e cig and the Cig 2 O cigalike with replaceable cartomizers. The Cig 2 O feels and looks more like more like a cigarette, but doesn't produce the vapor that the big boys produce. However, I do like the smallness of it and the feel of having a real cigarette in my hand. Also, I don't ever feel like cleaning my big e cig, so I'm torn about which one to use. I have about 100 cartomizers in my cabinet that I bought in January, so if I stick with the Cig 2 O cigalike, I won't have to buy anything for probaly 6 months.
    You answered the question yourself. Use up what you have and when you are ready to make the next step you won't have a bunch of gear left over. If and when you are ready, consider getting a higher end mod, like a reo mod. They are small, powerful and produce a tonne of vapor. Reos Mods

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My wife and female coworker like the cigalikes

I bought these for my wife
    https://www.fasttech.com/p/1401204

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1325010

You can use a standard eGo charger with a tiny bit of modification (only to the shell)

as you can see I had to remove the tiny plastic ring around the charging threads, the 510-X battery is a tiny bit larger than a cigalike but much smaller than a eGo battery, the gold collar is just a bit larger than the standard neck diameter of an eGo 510 post.
    (yeah..it's a Totally Wicked charger from a Titan Tank! Cost me $40 for something I got for less than $20 for 2 batts and 5 atomizers + tanks!!!!!! [that's what people refer to as a "stupid tax" for not doing your homework first!!])

At 400mAh compared to a regular cigalike 180mAh...she can vape MUCH longer!
    Last edited by WarHawk-AVG; 10-16-2013 at 01:58 PM.

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

Full Member Verified Member DSullivan's Avatar

I think you may find a good cross over using the cigalike batteries with the minitanks. Still the size and feel of a cig, but with better taste and less mess than cartridges. The clear color ones lets you see how much juice is left. Still discrete enough to not be noticed much in public.

Full Member Verified Member

I don't really prefer cig-alikes, for one I used to roll my own, two, I like the odd cigar.
    An ego 650mAh twist with an CE4/iclear16 I can can use anywhere, and I hold it just like a cigar and it's about the right size too.
    Haven't got onto mods or VV/VW devices yet that's a totally different thing.
    But no problem here with a ego 1000mAh or spinner 1300mAh either. They're just larger cigar sized; people have had no problem with that size of burning tobacco leaf for a long time.
    I guess it might be different for people that always smoked tailor cigarettes, but it's not really a huge jump to get into ego sized batteries and learn to hold/wield them like a cigar...
    Last edited by pablo_h; 10-16-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    Fulgurant likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Out of curiosity, how long have you been vaping?

Also, you will see many post on these forums regarding battery safety.
    I can't stress enough that if you do decide to go with something else, get the proper charger or batteries for it.

I've been going back and forth between real cigs and e cigs for about a year. I wasn't until just a week ago that I finally turned the corner and went to vaping only and have sworn off cigarettes for good.
    ScandaLeX and Taznino like this.

The key is, what ever works for you to get off a nasty habit. I have a fishing tackle box full of ecig experiments, but I've found what works best for me. I go with the theory, whoever has the most toys, wins. Total dollars spent? One hell of a lot less dollars spent while smoking. Eight months without a cigarette, 9,600 cigarettes not smoked.
    AttyPops and argusaviel like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast