What is.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What is.....

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default What is.....

Your favorite tank and why? I have been using the protank mini and love it but there are so many other choices. Just want to keep my options open.

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Kinda have to watch the term "tank". Here, it means a "carto tank"... although "tank" seems to be bleeding over as a generic term for any juice reservoir or container... as you'll see when you visit the tanks and clearos sub forums. The term "glassomizer" to describe a fancy clearo, which is what a PT technically is... never seem to have caught fire.

The PT, if we're talking glassomizer type clearomizers, is about the best (or, at least the most popular) there is. The Davide and Vivi Nova are close on it's heals. I hear the new Kanger unitank is suppose to be pretty good.

I use carto tanks... so beyond the above, can't help you.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If I'm using a tank, I prefer the Protank 2.
    It's easy to clean and I can use my own drip tip.

But, more importantly, the coils are easy to rebuild.
    I prefer micro coils with cotton wicks in mine, and they work great for me.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

State O Flux already covered some of the different tank types, but my favorite is the carto tank. Specifically IBTanked and Phiniac tanks. They're a little time onsuming on the set up, but very low maintenance after that until it's time to swap cartomizers. I enjoy the flavor production and ease of use.

As far as clearomizers go though, the protank is the best I've tried.
    State O' Flux likes this.

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cdsaint66 View Post
    State O Flux already covered some of the different tank types, but my favorite is the carto tank. Specifically IBTanked and Phiniac tanks. I enjoy the flavor production and ease of use.
    Yep. Now that 3V (Ray) has shut his doors, IBT is the automatic go-to tank maker for me. Hard to beat the quality and price.

A Kiwi in the U.S.A. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

State O' Flux and Yanu like this.
    Cana 30w, Vamos V1/V5, MPV2, K K Evercools (x3), SmokTek VariCool, VMax, 5V box & PT, eGo twist types, LT(retired), Magma RDA clone, Kayfun Lite & Russian 91% clones, Nautilus mini and full w/BVC, carto tanks

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had the MAPP tank and then went back to smoking (war zone stress) now that I'm back on it, I found the Davide and love the hell out of that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by donesmokin View Post
    Just got it today, love it... :-) set up very messy as I didn't really know what I was doing but great vape
    Vapoor eyes er and donesmokin like this.

Blog Entries

IBTanked pyrex cartotanks. Twelve of them. IBTanked.com

IBTanked has four tank diameters (15, 19, 22, 25mm) and three tank lengths (halfling, standard, and XL) to fit any size ego or mod. Choice of stainless steel or anodized aluminum end caps. Option to customize your glass tube with hand-painted designs.

IBTanked just earned Official ECF Supplier Forum status today! IBTanked

IBTanked-2.jpgIBTanked-1.jpgIBTanked25mmsb.jpgIBTanked Rio carnival tank.jpg

I actually prefer the Innokin iClear 30 clearotanks over the Kanger Protanks. Dual coils and 16 wicks.

Full Member ECF Veteran MattyTny's Avatar

I like my mini protank 2 so far, it's great on my ego twist. I just carry my juice with me if I'm out or refill before I go somewhere so I don't run low. I tried a couple of tanks from Totally wicked and the protank preforms much better. The coils seems easy to rebuild, I haven't done one yet. I don't mean to thread hijack, but what's the best coil set up for these tanks? I plan on doing a 6 wrap on 2mm silica with 32 gauge kanthal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast