New Juice & Asthma - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Juice & Asthma

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

^^^^^^^Great advice Heck many of us, including myself, have found we can't vape certain juices. Thankfully you have something you can safely vape.

Yeah, it's complicated and I'll probably never know what caused this flare up - the Roar fluid or the local vape shop fluid. I'm okay with sticking to Halo and Virgin Vapors, though I admit I'm disappointed to not be able to branch out. If I knew what proportions Halo used, that would be helpful, but I don't think that info is available. Halo and Virgin Vapor both use pharmaceutical grade fluid. That's probably important.

I really appreciate your willingness to share your ideas with me! I live in a small town about an hour from Milwaukee and other than people in the local vape shop, the only other person I know who vapes is my friend who started when I did.

Blog Entries

Try vaping some unflavored juice, all VG and all PG for a while (keeping in touch with your doc ) and see if you have a reaction to either. That would narrow it down if it's the flavorings. Unflavored vaping is not as bad as it sounds, many actually prefer it...
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Stosh, I could probably get the all VG fluid from Virgin Vapors. Do you know where I could get US pharmaceutical grade PG fluid?

You're very welcome. As for the PG in asthma inhalers I read that pharma companies are now using synthetic PG as a base/ carrier. Here's a thread that lists Organic Vendors:
    Organic Juices!!!!
    Wishing You the Very Best of Luck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shoshana View Post
    Stosh, I could probably get the all VG fluid from Virgin Vapors. Do you know where I could get US pharmaceutical grade PG fluid?
    Many vendors carry PG nic liquid in their DIY section, just find some in your strength for simple.
    I use DIY E-Cig Supplies & E-Cigarette Liquid | Make Your Own E-Liquid | RTS Vapes but the strengths would have to be mixed down to your preference. Not hard but an extra complication.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoshana View Post
    As long as you're buying from a reputable company chances are the PG is Pharma Grade.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing that Halo might use 60/40vg or 70/30. That's really a guess on my part.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Purity of PG, VG and PEG - The Short Version

Only the pharma grade of these materials should be used for inhalation, in theory, since all other grades contain contaminants to an increasing degree (the difference between the grades is the percentage of contaminants).

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have asthma and i vape 50/50 ratio. I have noticed that is not the pg or vg that bother me. It is random flavors that do it. I can't vape my favorite flavor white peach ala zoe any more. And have found a few others I can not use or else asthma sets in. So now i avoid any flavors that give me that reaction.
    I thought maybe it was a brand of flavorings that the vendors use but I also diy my liquids and have all diff brands. And it's no one brand that gives me the issues.
    I hope you are able to figure out your issues.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast