Still searching for that ultimate Vape and Juice - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Still searching for that ultimate Vape and Juice

Everyone's taste palette is different. I suggest DIY!

Ultra Member

The best thing about vaping so far is how may different way there are to do it. I rotate between 5-6 flavors during the day. As a flavor numbs out, I switch. I also find that there are different vapes that I like at different times of day. Thing is, I am convinced that there is no perfect vape. Every atomizer is different, every juice is different. I don't eat the same thing every day, so I don't think it is odd at all. Nice thing is, with all these choices, there is no reason to settle on anything. Find what you love at the moment and love it until you change. Stores close, people come up with new gear and you hear things that sound interesting as you interact with others. Just my two cents. Good luck and have fun! Remember, it is all about quitting and if you can help someone else to do so in the process, you win twice.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lombaowski View Post
    I felt this way the first three months and now I'm vaping RY4 about 50% to 75% of the time. I love the flavor and if you follow the RY4 Roundup in the Liquid review forum, there are plenty of great ones to try. Some of the other tobacco falvors I've tested recently (like HHV Heavenly Army) still don;t do it for me. It's RY4 or bust.
    Interesting. I bought RY4 and didn't like it. Wonder if it needs to steep?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

for me I found I rotate 4-6 flavors a day and have 16 favorite flavors...I can not imagine 1 single all day vape but know a few who have done just that
    PhoenixD likes this.

Ive gone through over 20 different flavors since I made the great leap from cigarettes to vaping and you can bet I've tried my share of inferior juices. In fact at one point I didn't think vapor couldn't be made to either taste good or be smooth let alone be so delicious I could vape on it all day. I wanted to quit smoking so bad though so after doing hours and hours of researching I gave virgin vapors a try and upon trying a few flavors I tried their cotton candy flavor and I will never go without it now. It provides tons of vapor (100% VG) and doesn't irritate my throat with even the longest drags I can take off my Ego twist. Its not overpowering at all and leaves that classic cotton candy flavor lingering in your mouth. Before I tried it I was afraid It would be to sweet or get old fast but I blew through a 1/4 oz bottle in a little over two days. Hopefully my 1 oz bottle will be here early next week!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Lombaowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaMann View Post
    Interesting. I bought RY4 and didn't like it. Wonder if it needs to steep?
    Depends if it is 100% PG or not I suppose. I get 70/30 or 50/50 and let them steep for seven to 21 days. When I fist quit smoking I tried some RY4s and I didn't like them too much, but since I think my taste buds have changed and I've tried some highly rated brews.

This post is a start, reading through that thread is amazing after you get the RY4 itch. I'd say if you try anything in there that is a B or better and you still don't like it, maybe it isn't for you.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I started vaping exclusively April 1 of this year. I was advised by a local vape shop to stick to tobacco flavors since that was what was a familiar taste to me so I did (and happily so). Then about two months in I tried a few fruity flavors. I went bat spit crazy on ordering fruit flavors only to find I didn't like them so much after about a month. Then I was all about the bakery flavors. Went bat spit crazy again ordering samples online of bakery flavors. Now I'm eyeballing fruit flavors again. lol I've settled down again and am not ordering new things every other day. I tend to order flavors that just sound interesting to me and don't stick to just one type/family of flavors and it's a nice balance.

Ultra Member Verified Member Huckleberried's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Au View Post
    Everyone's taste palette is different. I suggest DIY!
    I'm starting to get curious about that myself. But I LOVE the flavors I get and the guy is a wizard genious mix master. It took me a while, too, to find that ONE. My go to flavor is orange and vanilla ice cream. 2nd is a creamy spearmint. I get my flavors from Pure Vapes. I tried his lemon creme puff and it is ASTOUNDING.

I don't use just one flavor all day, I mix it up and haven't tired of them so far.
    Last cigarette July 28, 2013

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't had much luck on flavors. Possibly caused by my meds. For tobacco I can taste Desert Ship and Latakia. Most other things I can't tell what they are supposed to be. Five new bottles today. Only one that I can definately tell what it is is licorice! Others I have to read the labels "Oh, that is what that taste is supposed to be!"

Henry Louis "H. L." Mencken (September 12, 1880 January 29, 1956)
    Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

Man I have so many flavors right now I don't know what to do with them. I usually carry two with me at a time and I have one or two others stashed away in my car or desk. I was a menthol cigarette smoker so I do like my menthol juice which is what I go through the most. I probably go through 4 bottles of that in the time I go through half or one bottle of anything else. But part of that is because my others get rotated so much. Right now my tanks look like this: Menthol in the T3, Dark Chocolate in the Protank Mini, Blueberry in the T2. I think I'm gonna put Grape back in the T2 and put the Blueberry in one of the CE5s I have laying around...

As for device, I can't decide either as you can probably tell. I was using standard 650mah Ego-T batteries with CE5s (I ditched my CE4s pretty quick) but yesterday I picked up an Ego VV Mega 1200mah (I think that's right? Pretty sure it's off-brand, found it in a local shop) and liked it so much I already ordered the 650mah Ego-V online so I don't feel like I'm swinging around a pimp cane at work. Might also go for a Twist at some point.

I can't choose a favorite tank though. The CE5 seems to be decent all around but doesn't really excel at anything. I love the T2 vapor volume and quality but sometimes it's a little warm for me and with the VV I have to tilt after a couple puffs. The T3 is great but a little airy sometimes. Always a good cool hit, goes great with my menthol. I like the Protank Mini a lot too, it's a little heavier but it seems to have a better balance of cool and warm vape. The higher resistance coil I have in it seems to have a (too) light vapor on a standard battery but I just crank the VV up to about 4.2-4.5 and it's good to go. I'm going to order a regular Protank soon and see how that compares to it all.
    Last edited by Duke23; 10-19-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast