Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Just received Vamo V5 - Instructions? And question re button

thanks guys for the links. I'll be sure to look at them tomorrow!

My ohms with the Protank 1 are 2.5. Volts are 3.8. Watts are 5.5 to 6. I need to learn the correlation between volts/watts for sure. Do these numbers look OK-ish? KillerStephen - I wonder if a teensy rubber gasket around it might work. Super thin?

This is all some type of Miracle to me. I actually think I can get off the cigs with this. Now I just need to find and buy some quality juice. Wish there was a top 10 list somewhere because it's quite overwhelming.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Your numbers are just peachy!

The most recommended wattage, especially for new vapers, is somewhere between 5.5-6.5 watts; depending on the flavor and the device. As a rule of thumb, delicate juices prefer less power, while tobaccos and coffees taste better at warmer temp. Of course, your experience may be different.

Anyway, start in that range and then adjust up or down until you're satisfied with the flavor and vapor production.

There are plenty of lists--but they won't help you much. Taste is sooooooooooo subjective. Visit our juice reviews forum and read--maybe something will strike your fancy. However, order small quantities at the beginning--look for samples and/or small bottles.

Experiment and have fun!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Katya; 10-24-2013 at 03:22 AM.
    Ballzley likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Be very careful about screwing your tanks on to the Vamo. Do Not Overtighten! Just till it snugs up, and then stop. Vamos have a reputation for having weak 510 threads. I've been careful with mine and haven't had a problem.

I'm of the opinion that it's never necessary or desirable to over tighten tanks, cartos, clearamizers, atomizer, etc. (the juice holder attachment) onto any device. You obviously don't want it loose, but neither do you want it too tight. Not only can you damage the threads, but you can also damage the "pin" in the device that transfers the electricity to the juice holder attachment.

Also, once a day or so, remove your juice device and see if there is any e-liquid on the "pin" of your Vamo. If there is, clean it off with a tissue. Otherwise, it may eventually interfere with the electricity transfer.

best regards, larry mac

Full Member Verified Member KillerStephen's Avatar

I have great results using similar settings. Same with the MVP2. I like the form factor of the Vamo a bit more in comparison though.

As for voltage/wattage/ohms relation there's write ups and videos out there that could explain it way better than me typing it up here. It's pretty simple though. I imagine by the time you really need, or want know more about those things, you will have figured it out already. With or without actually researching it.

What kind of juice are you after? Fruity? Tobacco? I like a few fruity ones. Blu Spot from Pink Spot. It's like a blueberry, pineapple, lime. Blue Water Punch from Volcano, similar but less or no lime. Not really sure. Night crawler from Sin City Vapor, it's supposed to be sour worms, but more like bubblicious or whatever it was called. Really good though. If you can find a shop nearby I'm sure you'll find something you like, and you can sample them all there. There's a million great flavors out there, in store, or online.

As for the button, I've considered something like that with a gasket or something, I'm just not sure how I would get in there to do anything to it...

PV Master Verified Member Train2's Avatar

Just to be clear (lots of folks get confused over this): you are setting EITHER the watts or the volts. You don't set both - only one is happening. And if you like the vape at 3.8 volts with a 2.5 ohm coil, that's roughly equivalent to 5.8 Watts, so you numbers make sense.

What Variable Watts does for you is, if you screw on a top that happens to have a 1.8 ohm coil, if you're set for 6 watts, it will automatically put out 3.3 volts or so, to get you about the same vape you had with the 2.4 ohm coil before. With variable VOLTS, you'd have to do math, or just turn it down yourself until happy. It's just a different way to adjust. Pick either one, and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by meagain View Post
    thanks guys for the links. I'll be sure to look at them tomorrow!

My ohms with the Protank 1 are 2.5. Volts are 3.8. Watts are 5.5 to 6. I need to learn the correlation between volts/watts for sure. Do these numbers look OK-ish? KillerStephen - I wonder if a teensy rubber gasket around it might work. Super thin?

This is all some type of Miracle to me. I actually think I can get off the cigs with this. Now I just need to find and buy some quality juice. Wish there was a top 10 list somewhere because it's quite overwhelming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12