Just received Vamo V5 - Instructions? And question re button
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Just received Vamo V5 - Instructions? And question re button

Default Just received Vamo V5 - Instructions? And question re button

Hi. I just got my Vamo V5 and don't have enough posts to get to the Vamo forum so here I am. Total newbie here.

My Vamo V5 didn't come with instructions and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good site to get them from? I'd appreciate that because I'm clueless and most Youtubes review them vs. explain.

My issue with this Vamo V5 is the main button. It makes a very clicky sound. It's ok on press down but upon release it makes an annoying clank that will drive me nuts. Can anyone with a Vamo tell me if they get the same sound/tones with press down vs. release? Seriously I could use this thing as a dog training clicker.

Thanks!

(and I'm open to menthol suggestions)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

5 presses of the main button for power on.

The main button does have a noticeable click to it, but it will break it a little.

The left small button is Voltage/Wattage down, the right Voltage/Wattage up.

Holding the small left button will give the current charge left on the battery, holding the small right button will display the current atomizer resistance.

Holding both the small buttons will bring you into menu mode, left button (in menu mode) selects current menu option to adjust, right small button cycles thru menu options.
    Quote Originally Posted by CABBA View Post
    Just who do you think you are? Stalin? Or some keyboard warrior, AVE fan boy, Power Ranger wanna be.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

vamo v5 - user guide
    how to use the vamo v5:
    upon changing batteries, or when the unit is in standby: Quickly press the power button 5 times to turn it on.
    press the power button to vape as desired. Note: There is a 10 second limit on firing.
    quickly press the powjer button 5 times to turn it off (back to standby).

how to use the menu:
    press the power button momentarily to light up the display, then keep pressing "+" and "-" at the same time for 5 seconds to enter the main menu
    once you have reached the main menu press the "+" button to adjust the main menu and press the "-" button to select your choice from the sub menu
    do not press any buttons for 3 seconds to exit the menu

the menu choices are:
    power voltage: You have the option to put the device in either "power" or "voltage" mode
    lcd display: You can adjust the display to show either "voltage/power" "battery-life" or "resistance" when the power button is hit. Note this setting is not saved when changing batteries.
    lcd on/off: You have the option to turn the display "on" or "off" while firing

voltage and resistance information:
    press the "+" button for 3 seconds to display current battery voltage level.
    press the "-" button for 3 seconds to display the resistance of your atomizer.
    to select between mean (avg) and rms, press the "-" button for 10 seconds and the mode will be displayed, repeat this procedure to select the other mode if desired.
    if you press the power button and the oled screen displays "low resistance" that means the working resistance of your device is under 1.2 ohm, it will not fire.
    if you press the power button and the oled screen displays "low v" that means the battery voltage of your device is under 3.2 volts, it will not fire. Change your battery.
    That should keep you going.
    Rickajho and wolfie_beast like this.

Thank you - I'll have to find some videos on what it all means. I still think something is wrong with mine with the button. IDK but I would think it would drive people nuts.

I fired up the Vamo but apparently it doesn't work well with Protanks? I went up to 6 watts and still, it was 'skimpy'. Put on Kanger Evod and that was better but I'm still preferring my Smokeless Image Passthrough.

I must be doing something wrong but not sure how to fix it. The instructions are good but only refer to buttons/settings. My problem seems that IDK what to 'do' with the settings. Right now it's in Watts mode and goes up/down in increments of .5
    I guess right now I'm wondering why I bought this but I'd like to give it a fair chance, but lost as to what to do?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

6 watts isn't high...
    What's the resistance of your coil? (hold right button down for a few seconds, and VAMO will tell you).
    I frequently vape at 8 watts.
    Turn it up from 6 'til it makes good vapor but doesn't burn.

I do not like the way a ProTank SITS on a VAMO - at least not my old V2, where it doesn't reach the "collar" but sticks up and is only supported by the 510 threads - which already aren't quite right...
    But it's great with all my other clearos: EVOD's, T3's, and MiniProTanks.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Actually, just to clarify - don't keep going past like 9.5 or 10- that IS high, and if you haven't found your sweet spot before then, there IS a problem. But try 7. 7.5 and even 8...
    Or switch to VOLTS, and it's OK to go up into the 4's.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Have you watched any videos on youtube? Maybe it will be easier to learn while watching someone use the device. I love Phil's videos, but there are many others:

WarHawk-AVG and asti like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vamo V3 Instructions

Same as Vamo V2, without the NO1, NO2 RMS options...Vamo V3 and beyond are RMS only
    http://www.valleyvapes.com/assets/im...amo_Manual.pdf

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

Full Member Verified Member KillerStephen's Avatar

I got a V5 today and notice the same thing with the button, its a bit loose.

Pro tank 2 working great at like 3.3v.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast