Looking for stronger throat hit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for stronger throat hit

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabes_shadow View Post
    The Dripeez juice I am using is only 11mg while the Stok liquid is 16mg if I remember right. I guess I will buy another small vial of 16mg to test in my T3's while I am waiting for my current batteries to die out on me. I figure if I can isolate the variables to just nic lvl determining TH(for now) it will definitely keep things simpler. But I will be looking forward to experimenting with the vv batteries and LR attys when the time comes to order replacements, as I would prefer to keep nic levels low if possible. Is 16-18mg the average for most juices?

Thanks again for all the great input, great to be here! Happy vaping!

-Gabriel the noob
    "Most" vapers begin at 18 or 24 mg BUT there are no hard and fast rules. I began at 36 mg. When I was lowering my Nic/ mg content I began adding Menthol to my juices as it gave a smooth additional TH/ throat hit. This coming from someone that HATED Menthol analogs- would rather go without then smoke one. Menthol drops can be purchased separately and added to your fave juice.

Juice Components
    Flavoring usually about 5- 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
    PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
    VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
    Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
    Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG. Many are now switching to a 50/ 50 ratio as it provides a smoother vape.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapoor eyes er View Post
    PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
    Many are now switching to a 50/ 50 ratio as it provides a smoother vape.
    so is PG why sometimes I feel like im losing my voice a bit? Like ive screamed alot? or was that because I WAS screaming at the TV alot during Cards VS 'Hawks on Thurs?

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamHam666 View Post
    so is PG why sometimes I feel like im losing my voice a bit? Like ive screamed alot? or was that because I WAS screaming at the TV alot during Cards VS 'Hawks on Thurs?
    LOLLLL also have to stay hydrated as vaping is extremely dehydrating. I gargle once per day with fresh lemon and water to wash away the PG/ VG coating. That's another reason many vapers are moving to 50/ 50 PG/ VG.

Thanks for all the helpful responses!

Senior Member ECF Veteran Iquitcigs's Avatar

I saw a video on YouTube where a fella steeped chilli in pg for a day and added this to his mix look like he got a good hit. And he says he can not taste the chilli I have not tried it but may do in the future

Super Member ECF Veteran deanthemachine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iquitcigs View Post
    I saw a video on YouTube where a fella steeped chilli in pg for a day and added this to his mix look like he got a good hit. And he says he can not taste the chilli I have not tried it but may do in the future
    You might be a redneck if you say throw some chili in it when the TH is not where you like it.

State College, Pennsylvania, United States

If like a stronger TH too. I've been using an ego battery with a generic iclear 16 and 12 mg nicquid smoothol liquid and got a decent throat hit I thought. Today my vamo showed up as did my bobas bounty(the real stuff) and I'm getting pretty much no throat hit at all, no matter what setting it's at. I was always a menthol smoker and naturally started vaping menthol, bobas was the first non menthol I've tried, looks like I'll be going back to a menthol liquid. I will revisit the bobas in a couple weeks to see if steeping makes it better for me. I also got a bottle of menthol drops but I'm having a hard time picturing what menthol bobas would taste like. I'd like to find another menthol I like besides the nicquid as it's rather expensive compared to most.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12