Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for stronger throat hit

Default Looking for stronger throat hit

Hi all, new here, def enjoying it now that I got some quality clearos. I love all the different flavors, especially the fruits, but I am looking for a bit stronger of a throat hit. I started off with a Stok Ego starter kit that I bought from the local cigar shop before I discovered I could get great quality for a fraction of the price through the forum suppliers here at EC. The Stok hits great,with the juice that came with it, looks like its using a CE4 clearo. I ordered 2 Imperial Ego's(battery and clearos, again look like CE4's) off of Ebay(still before I discovered suppliers here), but I soon discovered the quality was SERIOUSLY lacking, poor draws and nasty flavor on both clearos even using the same eliquid as in the Stok, honestly made me sick to my stomach, one broke already, I will probably discard them seeing as I wouldn't even want to gift them to any of my friends. Then I discovered EC and MyVaporStore and ordered a couple T3's(2.4 ohm) and an extra battery. I can see the quality in the these pieces and the draw is clean and delicious, though I would like the throat hit to be a little stronger. Should I order lower ohm atomizer heads when the time comes? My eliquid is 65/35 PG-VG. I am not sure what the PG/VG is for the Stok eliquid is but it hits harder out of the Stok, I will have to test it in one of the new T3's.

Should I look more to lower ohm attys for throat hit or does nic mg. also effect it? Any suggestions on decent fruit eliquids with a decent throat hit? Thanks for your help!

Funny note on the plethora of ego models available out there-

The Stok Ego is listed as 710 threading on their website, and the clearo and batteries don't screw in all the way with the battery from MVS and are not interchangeable. Stok must make them like that so you are stuck paying more for their clearos. Not gonna happen lol

The crap Imperial batteries and clearos don't work with either of the other two models, cheap knockoffs? They are destined for the dustbin.

MVS equipment is working great! I look forward to ordering from them in the future. If only I had found EC earlier

Happy vaping!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Grimwald's Avatar

You will get more TH from higher nic, more PG, more heat (lower ohms), or higher voltage from the battery. IMHO. Also some stronger flavors like cinnamon or mint/menthol.
    spaceballsrules likes this.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Lowering the resistance of your atty, and a higher nic content would both to varying degrees give you a better TH. I personally would'nt advise changing nic levels solely for TH though, not that many have'nt done that. I'd advise lowering your ohms, or even better yet, get a vv device like the Ego Twist, or similar. Then you could just dial in the hit to how you like it. A higher PG content would go some ways in raising the TH also, but overall lowering ohms or raising voltage is probably whast's best to focus on,imo. Also, like Grim said, the flavoring is a pretty significant factor .

I'll be sure to look into that, thanks for the advice!

Just bump your nic level up. I use 12 mg so if I want something with a little more kick every now and again I go to 18mg and that usually does the trick.

Large Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimwald View Post
    You will get more TH from higher nic, more PG, more heat (lower ohms), or higher voltage from the battery. IMHO. Also some stronger flavors like cinnamon or mint/menthol.
    x2!!

Also, look for specific flavors that are known to have good throat hit, such as Gold from NiteLiteVapor or Torque56 from Halo.

The Dripeez juice I am using is only 11mg while the Stok liquid is 16mg if I remember right. I guess I will buy another small vial of 16mg to test in my T3's while I am waiting for my current batteries to die out on me. I figure if I can isolate the variables to just nic lvl determining TH(for now) it will definitely keep things simpler. But I will be looking forward to experimenting with the vv batteries and LR attys when the time comes to order replacements, as I would prefer to keep nic levels low if possible. Is 16-18mg the average for most juices?

Thanks again for all the great input, great to be here! Happy vaping!

-Gabriel the noob

I will second the Torque56 recommendation. I wouldn't say its a fruity flavor, but its the best throat hit i've ever had, and very delicious. Halo describes it as a tobacco flavor, but I wouldn't. Might taste perfumy to you at first, but that will pass.
    spaceballsrules likes this.

90% of throat hit (TH) comes from nicotine level, plain and simple. PG allows more of it to come through, VG mutes it to a small degree.

Warmer vapor by using a variable PV will enhance TH. Lower resistance also provides warmer vapor but more inaccurately. Additives such as pepper, vodka, etc do not provide the TH that comes from nicotine. They can provide a throat irritation/burning, but not the TH associated with nicotine.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

For me the biggest factors to TH have been ohms and volt/watts. I know you can get more from higher nic but I've worked down to 6mg not willing to go up just for TH. IMO get a vv/vw device like the twist or a mod. Will make you happier in the long run. Happy vaping!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast