Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: When I move to rebuildables...will all my 18mg be unbearable?

Full Member Verified Member

Default When I move to rebuildables...will all my 18mg be unbearable?

So....I am a flavour chaser. Don't care too much about vapor, like throat hit though.

After being on eGo's for a while, I decided to get a Reo.

But wanting to chase the flavor it seems I will have to go for rebuildables - everything is muted as is.

But...I read about people getting huge headrushes at their normal level with rebuildables - will all my 18mg drive me up the wall? It's actually a bit low for me with my eGos and vmod with stock atty, clearomizer or protank, but I hear people dropping from 18 to 6.

I mean, it wouldn't hurt to drop nic level (at all) but I must have close to a 100 flavors in 18.

Guess I'll have a lot of paying forward to do, or patiently vape through them on my old setups?
    NicoHolic likes this.

Have you tried top coil atomizers first? Something like the iClears? I suppose that if you have a Reo, that point is moot, just seems like a huge step. Anyhoooo, Many have reported that they reduced nicotine levels, but I suspect that it is more due to the greater juice consumption that you will have with that delivery method. Good luck and have fun!
    bizziboi likes this.
    May your wick never burn and your tank never run dry...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bizziboi View Post
    After being on eGo's for a while, I decided to get a Reo.
    If you're gonna put one of those Reomizer 2 rebuildables on that REO, you'd better be sitting down when you take your first hit!

Seriously, you'll probably be fine with your 18. You can make a coil that will work with it.

Once you get five posts, join all us Reonauts in the Reos Mods vendor forum.
    bizziboi likes this.
    Two REO Grands w/RM2 RDAs • Super-T Precise Simplicity 18500 w/ΣΟΦΙΑ IBTanked • eVic and USB eGos w/ProTanks
    Swedish snus - a stealthier alternative to stealth vaping.

I've been building higher resistant micro coils, and I'm using 24 on my RDA. If I build a coil lower than 2 ohms it's a little too much, but I've been using a 4.3 ohm coil for a few days. It's been working fanf..kingtastic.
    NicoHolic and bizziboi like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i vape 18mg all day long on a Reo with an RM2 and it puts hairs on your chest! Great flavour and clouds as big as you want. Adjustable TH - just raise or lower the coil. Simplicity itself.

T
    NicoHolic and bizziboi like this.

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

Full Member Verified Member cdf294's Avatar

I found that after I started using RBA's, I did have to drop from 24 to 18.
    YMMV, and there is only 1 way to find out.
    NicoHolic likes this.

Yes, I've tried top coil. What I do like about them is the draw (protank had a wayyyy too airy draw for me...heck, I'm an ex smoker, I am used to sucking (in both interpretations)).
    Maybe I am chasing flavour that isn't there, and my taste buds are still very much numb from smoking. Figured if that's the case, not many people seem to regret their Reo, and worst case, they resell pretty well.

Hmmm, maybe it is the juice consumption, good point.
    NicoHolic likes this.

Thanks for all the input, helpful as always :o)

Yeah, there's only one way to find out - and I will!

Wasn't aware of coil height for TH, good stuff.

@suspectK:
    4.3ohm? How....did you get it that high? All tuts I watched end up sub 1ohm. A lot to learn, I guess there's only so much you can learn by just reading instead of doing!
    NicoHolic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizziboi:11043470

@suspectK:
    4.3ohm? How....did you get it that high? All tuts I watched end up sub 1ohm. A lot to learn, I guess there's only so much you can learn by just reading instead of doing!
    I used 30gauge with a 1/16" screwdriver, but I wanted to use my hollow 3mm eko wool. I wrapped using the screwdriver through the middle of the wick. I don't have it on hand, but I did 9-12 wraps. It's a fat coil.. I don't know if that size would work well without a hollow wick.. Using a 1/16" tool and 30 gauge 1ohm per 5-6wraps, if I remember correctly. Since I was wrapping with the wick, it will require less wraps to get one ohm. Just because you're wrapping your own coils, doesn't mean you have to get a lower resistance than you're using in your other delivery metthods. It seems many people think that's the point of RBAs.
    Fulgurant likes this.

Thanks, as I said - seems there's a lot more to it that I learned from just reading and watching. "Since I was wrapping with the wick it will require less wraps to get one ohm" - that really surprises me - ahh, you mean because of the added thickness and thus length of one wrap?

I'll figure it out once I start playing :o)...I hope!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast