New here, COPD diagnosed, how to Vape? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: New here, COPD diagnosed, how to Vape?

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well, you've had a lot of great responses here already. I also read the thread the other day about the person who's doctor suggested PG might be less of a problem to inhale than VG. That makes some sense to me from other things I've read.

IMO, I believe a lot of nicotine is absorbed by the mucous membranes in our mouth and nose. If you could be satisfied by vaping like smoking a cigar, so draw into your mouth, hold for a bit and exhale through both nose and mouth, I would do that. If this didn't work for you you could inhale occasionally and do the cigar thing the rest of the time. In any case, vaping is likely less of a risk for you than smoking, so I would do what it takes to stay smoke free.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by imanidiot View Post
    I went with V2 because they were recommended to me. Easy system, replace cartirdges, etc. However, and not to sound Racist, but the cartridges are made in China, and I don't trust them. Any similar system which anyone would care to recommend? I just went outside (and I know you don't have to, because there is no smoke and no smell, but I'm trying to preserve the experience as I've come to know it) and inhaled, and it was heavenly.

Sorry, know it's pathetic. But I'm trying to find a way.
    Nothing pathetic about it. You are asking very good questions!

Vaping started in China and I believe for the first few years all or most supplies came from there. To my knowledge no one has ever become ill from juice made anywhere. I've vaped Chinese juice and I don't have an issue with it.

There are a lot of American suppliers who make and sell juice so you can certainly buy American. I make my own juice, so I'll let others suggest suppliers. You can also buy American made hardware.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

I agree not pathetic at all and I understand. My SIL along with COPD is a breast cancer survivor and has many other health issues. She has been unable to give up cigarettes until yesterday when I got her started on e-cigs. She hasn't had one now in over 24 hours which is truly amazing. She is your age and has smoked as long. It is not easy to do and I think e-cigs are a true miracle.

I am fairly new to this myself so I really can't give much advice but finding the right equipment for you is important. I started off with a Kanger EVOD kit which worked great for me. Best of luck to you!
    Chas F. likes this.
    I doubt I will save any money anytime soon....

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hard to comment. I feel your pain. Maybe if you could TRUELY only vape to your mouth then out your mouth or nose you would be good. I guess only you can be the judge.

I dont have COPD but they found the little white spots on my lungs which I understand is the start/beginning of Emphysema...I just dont have the spider webbing yet as you do. Also you have asthma which I understand coupled with Emphysema gives you COPD.

I wish the best for you. Like I say, maybe if you promise yourself you will only vape it like smoking a cigar...... But Im certainly no Doctor so I dont know.

Welcome to the forums !!
    Keep Calm and Vape On !

The Bug Man Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Well first off Welcome to ECF.
    Second I have COPD, and vaping got me off cigs. The damage is done, nothing will change that, but I couldn't quit without vaping. I tried all the NRT, didn't work for me, but vaping did. I inhale, but I mix my own liqiud, order supply's from reputable suppliers, so I know what I am inhaling. But even so, I am sure what you are using is better then cigs. Keep at it, read a lot on ECF, upgrade your stuff and start using better liquid. Just keep in mind it is better than cigs IMHO.

Vape On

I very much appreciate the responses. I would like to hear from those of you who have COPD, and what your experience has been re vaping. I just went outside and vaped, and inhaled, and it felt wonderful. Sorry, addict to addict. Am I compromising my already compromised health by doing this? Yes, I know you are not MD's. Just, what do you think, from your experience?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My friend took me with her to her Dr's appointment for moral support so I could provide info on vapeing....she was recently diagnosed with COPD. I had printed out a large amount of info...surprisingly he was very supportive of her vapeing and just advised her to vape high PG liquids (he suggested 70pg30vg as the highest VG) his reasoning was that higher VG could cause heaviness or fluid to build up in her lungs and he even pointed out that 3 of her 4 inhaled meds were PG based.

We do buy american made liquids and MANY suppliers will allow you to ask for 70pg30vg or even 80pg20vg mixes. As I vape 50/50 it was a bit suprising to see her vape and have very little clouds...but her liquid does taste as good as my 50/50...I tried it...LOL

It is advised that you speak to your Dr about your health situation as each person may be diffrent
    Thunderball, Chas F. and Ld3441 like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by imanidiot View Post
    I went with V2 because they were recommended to me. Easy system, replace cartirdges, etc. However, and not to sound Racist, but the cartridges are made in China, and I don't trust them. Any similar system which anyone would care to recommend? I just went outside (and I know you don't have to, because there is no smoke and no smell, but I'm trying to preserve the experience as I've come to know it) and inhaled, and it was heavenly.

Sorry, know it's pathetic. But I'm trying to find a way.
    The thing is if you stick with a reputable maker like Dekang, you're getting a more controlled liquid than a lot of US manufacturers. I've been using Dekang for 4 years now and have had no problems, the problem I have with US makers is they won't let you see their lab, the Chinese do: Chinese E-liquid Manufacturing Facilities - YouTube
    If you actually do the research, about 80% of all ecig supplies are manufactured in China, that's where it was invented and all started. A lot of us that started 4 or more years ago and most of the rest of the world have no problem using chinese goods.
    Katya and Ryedan like this.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

i am rather astonished at the outpouring of response.

Would anyone care to recommend a source than other than my current one? (V2 cigs). I only went there because someone recommenced it.

Many thanks in advance.

paddy

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There area couple vape shops in Denver if you care to see some available choices in person. I went to a store called Vaporleaf and the staff was very helpful and they have a good selection of kits and e-liquids but their hours are limited. There is a list of B&M stores (Brick and Mortor) here on ECF.
    "The sexiest part of a woman is between her ears and the prettiest thing she can wear is a smile".

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast