Moving on to a carto tank - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Moving on to a carto tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kandicat View Post
    So you would pick ibtanked over kanger protank II?
    Protanks aren't carto tanks. A carto tank is simply an empty you slide over a punched or slotted cartomizer so you don't have to refill as often. A Protank has an atomizer in the bottom of it.
    ProVari x4, Hana V3 DNA30, VaporShark RDNA30, 4nine, King V2, Nemesis SS & Brass, Stingray Brass & Red Copper, Doomsday Mod, Sir Lancelot, Penny, Overdose, 454, Vulcan, Tugboat, Veritas ,Kayfun, Taifun GT, Stillare, TOBH, Soledad, APO, Origin, Magma, ZenithV2

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    I would get either the Phiniac or the IBtanked. My Phiniac is over a year old and has never leaked and still has the original rubber seals plus they send you an extra set of seals with each tank:

Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks
    The fact that you can throw those jokers against a garage door, have it land on a concrete floor, and still be in pristine condition speaks volumes of their quality. Wow. I'm impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Definitely read through Baditude's blog first, it'll help you get started.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...help-noob.html
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...tup-guide.html
    I started with the Smok DCT's, you're better off getting some pre punched with 2 holes, it stops a lot of problems with wicking, if you're using more than 50% VG, then you may need the 3 hole. The locking carto tanks aren't worth messing with in my opinion, I've never been able to get one to work right. Now I have the IBTanked tanks and love them and all their tanks are under $30 for Pyrex tanks.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Picked up a Smoktech DCT tank and some Boge slotted cartos a month or so ago and love the combo... Still use my T3s a lot, but old habits are hard to break I guess...

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries
    Baditude and SoCalMichelle like this.

agree check out baditudes blog's GREAT STUFF! learned and still learn lots from them! spend the money for a good one though cheap ones are worse then clearo's in my experience.
    Baditude and SoCalMichelle like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulpoet View Post
    The fact that you can throw those jokers against a garage door, have it land on a concrete floor, and still be in pristine condition speaks volumes of their quality. Wow. I'm impressed.
    Glass is still glass and CAN be broken. I managed to put a hairline crack in my Phiniac; now it leaks and can not be used. (And I didn't throw mine against the garage door or drop it on a concrete floor.)

Bella_Phin_1.jpgBella-Phin-Frog.jpgBella_Phin3.jpg

In all fairness to Phiniac, I was not using their endcaps on their pyrex tube. I was using the caps from Hoosier Vapes for their Bella/Elegance tanks which are a perfect fit with the clear Phiniac tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_and_Spice View Post
    Phiniac tanks are a good glass product.
    +Great looking. It almost sways me.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

Super Member Verified Member SoCalMichelle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Glass is still glass and CAN be broken. I managed to put a hairline crack in my Phiniac; now it leaks and can not be used. (And I didn't throw mine against the garage door or drop it on a concrete floor.)

Bella_Phin_1.jpgBella-Phin-Frog.jpgBella_Phin3.jpg

In all fairness to Phiniac, I was not using their endcaps on their pyrex tube. I was using the caps from Hoosier Vapes for their Bella/Elegance tanks which are a perfect fit with the clear Phiniac tubes.
    Hey bad, I didn't realize your blogs were so popular! :o

What makes Phiniac better than IBTanked?
    "All vaping roads lead to Provari."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMichelle View Post
    Hey bad, I didn't realize your blogs were so popular! :o

What makes Phiniac better than IBTanked?
    Well, I would argue that they aren't "better". I'll likely ruffle some feathers with that statement...

The Phiniac's glass is a slightly thicker than IBTanked's, but according to OCD (IBTanked) that doesn't mean it's more shatter proof. This depends upon how the glass is anealed (heat process) in a firing kiln to make it more durable. Both manufacturers aneal their own glass tubes. My one Phiniac cracked, none of my 12 IBTanked's have cracked.

IBTanked offers more tank size variations than Phiniac. IBTanked offers three tank lengths: halfling (shorty), standard, & XL. Phiniac only offers standard and XL. IBTanked has four diameters: 15, 19, 22, & 25 mm. Phiniac only has two diameter sizes: 22 mm & the skinny phinny (? diameter).

Phiniac's default end caps are made of black delrin (plastic); titanium metal caps (silver or anodized colors) are extra ($19). IBTanked offers stainless steel for all tank sizes, and anodized aluminum (in several colors) for the all sizes except the 25 mm diameter.

IBTanked offers custom hand-painted designs for their pyrex tubes which are fire annealed for durability. Phiniac offers textured glass tubes, custom sand-blasted designs in color, frosted glass, custom hand-blown 3D designs, and colored glass.

IBTanked's cheapest tank is $16 (tiny tank) and $22.50 and up (other tanks). Phiniac's cheapest tank is $32 (Skinny Phinny) and $38 and up (other tanks). Customized tanks for both vendors have additional costs.

For the money, IBTanked offers the same quality for less cost than Phiniac, IMHO. Both tanks are high quality tanks, and represent the top pyrex tanks on the market.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast