Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: ProTank II flooding since removing flavor wick

Awesome I will try it..

Any recommendations on what PG/VG ratio I should be buying? Anything a little "less maintaince" then another?. Flavor is not a huge thing to me. I prefer e-liqs that are less "harsh". I have a 12mg nic one that I enjoy a lot more then my 18mg one.

PV Master Verified Member

I use 50/50 but the saying goes more PG more flavor and throat hit more VG more vapor...I have found personally I do NOT like high VG juices...something about the film they leave on my mouth...but higher PG juices do not bother me

Just tried out the cotton swab idea.. although I didn't have any cotton swabs on hand so I tore apart the end of a qtip.

It no longer leaks.. which is great.. but now a foul smell is coming from the tank.. doesn't taste the same either..

dag nabit.....stop vaping on it take the cotton you just put on off and replace again with the rolled cotton...then re assemble and let tank sit for 10 minutes and only after that time do a few dry pulls without hitting fire button before you try it...forgot to warn you to let it saturate well before using sorry

Oh crap..

Its okay to use the end of a qtip though right?.. I'll let it saturate my bad

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by eFFeRR View Post
    Oh crap..

Its okay to use the end of a qtip though right?.. I'll let it saturate my bad
    It's OK. It's the same cotton--just fluff it up a bit, don't twist too tightly and let it saturate fully.

yes I have used qtips cotton too...just let it sit for 10 mins after you replace that flavorwick again....it has to saturate that cotton well before you fire it

Yep, don't remove flavor wicks until you are brave enough to start recoiling. Most of us have done it.

Just replaced the original wick with a piece of cotton from a Q-Tip.. 5 times better on protank II mini.
    KjAthena likes this.

I purchased 28g kanthal from temco and organic cotton balls from whole foods, I do microcoils on all my protanks now. Riptrippers has some great tutorials on how to do this. Never going back to silica protank coils!!
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast