ProTank II flooding since removing flavor wick
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: ProTank II flooding since removing flavor wick

Default ProTank II flooding since removing flavor wick

Hey guys,

I removed the Flavor Wick today from my ProTank 2. This seems to have been a mistake on my part because ever since the e-liq I am using keeps flooding the tank. I know it's because of the wick since the second atomizer head that came with the ProTank works perfectly fine.

I only have 2 liquids at the moment. One definately looks "thicker" then the other but I have no idea what the PG/VG ratio is of them. The "thinner" liquid is what is flooding the tank. I will try the "thicker" liquid with the flavor wick removed to see if that helps.

Currently I am using the second base with the flavor wick in tact. I am looking to buy some Silica Wick to put in the first atomizer head I messed up. Which mm size should I get for the ProTank 2?

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/silica.htm

That's what I will be buying.

Thanks!

Senior Member Verified Member Blkwdw86's Avatar

Use cotton from a cotton ball. For thin juices, make the wick thicker (don't twist); for thick juices make it thinner.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The stock flavor wicks are 2X1mm strands of silica wick. I personally have flooding issues using those so I replace them with 1X2mm wick.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I usually, with a PTank1, remove HALF the flavor wick right away, and I'm happy with the performance.
    Haven't unwrapped my PTank2's yet - I have too many clearo's in rotation!
    Curiously, I find that removing wick is NOT necessary in a MINIProTank. Or an EVOD. Even using identical coils...

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Did you remove the entire wick? That's a bad thing.

If your eliquid is very thick, you may try to dilute it with a drop or two of distilled water (per ml) or some PG. Or you can gently remove one strand of the flavor wick.

Watch how Phil does it--at 25 min.

And yes, you can use cotton to replace your flavor wick for now.

BTW, I have never removed any wicks from my Kangers--I vape 70/30 PG/VG.
    Last edited by Katya; 10-21-2013 at 03:27 AM.
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

So instead of buying wick I can use a piece of cotton ball? Does this give good results or should I just order some 2mm wick next time I place an order?

I didnt touch the coiled wick.. only the wick that was on top of it. I removed and discarded unfortunately.

Second atomizer head is working great with that same "thinner" liquid. The thinner liq is giving me the problem.. not the thicker one.

Screwing Protank onto battery too tight will restrict airflow which will make you want to drag harder which will over saturate you wick with liquid. Excess liquid will either go up mouth-pipe into your mouth or down into your battery port. Try just tightening battery until its just snug and taking slow, steady and smooth drags. People come into my shop just about everyday, having leaking issues with evod/protanks

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by eFFeRR View Post
    So instead of buying wick I can use a piece of cotton ball? Does this give good results or should I just order some 2mm wick next time I place an order?
    Cotton ball or plain rolled cotton. Just pull and twist to desired thickness.

Photo borrowed from TomCatt's pictorial (without permission ).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ml#post9853037
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

PV Master Verified Member

I used cotton ball twisted like the pic above to replace the flavor wicks in over 20 heads I dry burned last week...they all work fine

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast