Best 18650 batteries? - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Best 18650 batteries?

Full Member Verified Member cloudsUnderway's Avatar

Same here, ordered them from Fast-tech, so it's taking awhile to get to me. But so far these batteries have powered my UDC Trident like a champ. Got the nitecore charger as well. Hope it lasts longer than the Trustfire charger that I originally had

E-Cig Afficionado Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    I hadn't heard of this. That was an excellent battery. I wonder if AW will be offering something better in the near future?

They've started weaning them out for the more cost effective 2000mah version. Most users won't have a problem with that, but us vapors that do sub ohms have to start looking for alternatives. That was an amazing battery and lighthound sent me notice the other day they'll still have supplies for a while but no new ones are being made. I try to think ahead so I'm looking for a good battery now rather than later.
    Baditude likes this.

A nation of sheep, breeds a government of wolves... Join CASAA today!

Super Member ECF Veteran Michael Curry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DKowGawd View Post
    Want to know what the best brand, longest charge, most reliable, and where to get them. Help me please! Looking to get a iTaste TVR, and I want a GREAT pair of batteries to keep this tank of a PV running strong.
    Be sure to get unprotected batteries. I mean, you can put a protected 18650 in the battery compartment - but the door won't close because of the added length.
    Cool Vapors

Panama City, FL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Curry View Post
    Be sure to get unprotected batteries. I mean, you can put a protected 18650 in the battery compartment - but the door won't close because of the added length.
    The term "unprotected" when describing batteries is a pet peeve of mine. The correct term is "IMR". Safe chemistry. High drain. Lithium Magenese (Li-Mn).

Unprotected can also mean a unprotected NCR/ICR li-ion battery which is an entirely different Li Ion battery chemistry. Unprotected li-ion batteries should NEVER be used in a mod due to their inherent unsafe battery chemistry without protective circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by JMarca View Post
    Have you tried the new Samsung INR batteries baditude? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair just to see how they perform.

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw you have them on your list = )
    I use the samsung 20r batteries. I build around 0.4 ohms on my patriot and these batteries perform well.

aw imr for sure i think..

I just upgraded to my first mod, a zmax v5. I've been using nothing but green label panasonics which are 3400mah. Seem to work great.
    IBCR Media likes this.

I would highly recommend the Nitecore 18650s and chargers. Nitecore makes tactical and emergency flashlights, and those really aren't useful at all without a decent battery.
    Same with vaping equipment though, right? :P

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    The term "unprotected" when describing batteries is a pet peeve of mine. The correct term is "IMR". Safe chemistry. High drain. Lithium Magenese (Li-Mn).

Unprotected can mean a NCR/ICR battery which is an entirely different Li Ion battery chemistry. Unprotected li-ion batteries should NEVER be used in a mod due to their inherent unsafe battery chemistry without protective circuits.
    Actually, a "protected" battery means it has an IC (integrated circuit) which protects the battery from over charging, over discharging, and too much current. The battery actually has a little circuit board attached to it under the shrink wrap.

I have the VTR and really like my Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh batteries for it. Super long vape time, and super stable chemistry. And since you are using a regulated device, you don't need (nor should you use) a protected battery. The VTR will handle the protection.
    DKowGawd likes this.

I'm going to have to try the Panasonics. This Efest is ok but I vape pretty much constantly and I've never run the VTR down to the red indicator but I usually put it on the charger in the evening and use my Evod for a couple hours while it charges. I just need to buy a spare battery. Spent all my cig money on gear and juice til next month. I've got Li-Poly's for my Planes that will put out 60 amps... Could build a hell of a coil for those...lol! I can charge those in 10min. I'm not sure how fast you can charge Li-mn batts?
    RandomFellow likes this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast