Best 18650 batteries? - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Best 18650 batteries?

Ultra Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpots View Post
    What's the difference between NCR18650B's and NCR18650A's?
    Energy density and therefore, capacity. Simply put, they put more chemical goo in the A's than they do in the B's.

I reiterate that since these are not high drain capable batteries, their use is limited to devices that will not exceed 5.0 amps in current. For those devices, better choices exist in Panasonic's NCR/PD or CGH/CR cells, which have current ratings of 10.0 amps.
    flowerpots likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strontium View Post
    I think that is because of their size. Protection is 2-3 extra mm. It would be nice if all mods can use protected cells. Vaping would be safer.
    I think only Vamo and few others can use long protected batteries.
    The Vamo will take a longer protected 18650, but the protection circuitry on the cell interferes with the Vamo's own protection circuitry. They don't play well together and the Vamo quits, takes its ball and goes home.
    flowerpots likes this.

I bought a two pack of 5000 mah ultrafire 18650 batteries. Not worth it. I think I just got a bad set, but they take forever to charge,(about nine hours) and only last a few hours longer than my efest 18500s at 1100 mah. The efest battery only takes about four hours to charge on the same charger. Buying the better brand from a sight you trust is always the better route.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Price View Post
    I bought a two pack of 5000 mah ultrafire 18650 batteries. Not worth it. I think I just got a bad set, but they take forever to charge,(about nine hours) and only last a few hours longer than my efest 18500s at 1100 mah. The efest battery only takes about four hours to charge on the same charger. Buying the better brand from a sight you trust is always the better route.
    Everyone on ECF warns people not to buy Trustfire, Surefire, and Ultrafire batteries. They are bad batteries and not worth wasting your money on or wasting your face over.

ExplodingCigar.jpgTrustfire2.jpg

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Price View Post
    Agree with Bad combined with personal experience with "Fire" batts. As far as the UltraFires go the battery guyz have done tests and found:
    batts rewrapped and purposely stamped/ mislabelled with a higher mah rating.
    UltraFire consistently fails advertised mah tests.

I'm not sure if this was stated before but this local vape shop of mine acquired some Panasonic NCR 18650 PF and I was wondering of these are good/ safe for subohm vaping? Thanks
    poconojo likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atdam View Post
    I'm not sure if this was stated before but this local vape shop of mine acquired some Panasonic NCR 18650 PF and I was wondering of these are good/ safe for subohm vaping? Thanks
    I consider them at least as safe as the CGR18650CH Atdam. They are rated 10 amps. I would not take them below 0.6 ohms, but I like a lot of safety margin. 2900 mAh is good too. Vape on

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I decided on a pair of NCR18650PD (LiNiCoAl) 2900mAh 10A Panasonics. Just came yesterday, so I'll let you guys know how they work for me. Thanks again!

I .... with real low sub ohms and love the efest 18650 1600mAh 30amp solid battery and I didn't pay over 8$ for it

Quote Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
    I consider them at least as safe as the CGR18650CH Atdam. They are rated 10 amps. I would not take them below 0.6 ohms, but I like a lot of safety margin. 2900 mAh is good too. Vape on
    Thanks!!! I'll check them out.
    Ryedan likes this.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast