Jumping into the Deep End!! (Noob)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Jumping into the Deep End!! (Noob)

Default Jumping into the Deep End!! (Noob)

Hello!

My name is Vanessa and I bought my first PV just two days ago. I spent quite a bit of time reading reviews and threads on forums about what is good. I settled on getting an eVic and a Protank II. Picked up sone juice from a local shop called My Vapez and vaped my weekend away!

I finally used up the juice I dripped into my tank and decided to try a new flavor. Went to clean my PT2 and now my eVic keeps giving me a "No Atomizer Found" error...

All I did was lightlt run warm water over all the parts and dryed it with a papertowel..

Any help?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Super Member Verified Member Enoch777's Avatar

Water is fine, but you'll want to make sure that you let it air-dry for quite some time. At least 2 hours. Process can be sped up by putting near a running AC or other fan. (Could be why your eVic is giving the error. If you air dry and it still happens, replace the atomizer head.)

That being said, I don't typically clean any of my atomizers or devices with tap water anymore. Tap water contains minerals, flouride, etc. This is personal preference of course. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just a bit crazy about being extra careful concerning safety/health.

A more effective, safe way to clean your Protank II. Disassemble and put into a container. Pour in just enough vodka so it covers everything. Let it soak for 6 - 48 hours. Take parts out and let air-dry as mentioned above. It's pretty effective at getting rid of strong flavors as well.

Congrats on your switch and welcome to ECF
    Fulgurant likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You Might Try Making Sure That The Head Is ScreweD Securely Onto The Base.
    Enoch777 and madqatter like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

If after drying it real good, it still doesn't work...sometimes the bottom post of the protank isn't making contact with the top of your evic when you screw it on. It could be a hair short. This sometimes happens with all types of toppers you can put on your ecig. Usually there is a little hole at the bottom of the center post on your tank that you can put the end of a paperclip under and slightly lift up a tad hair bit to get the center post out more in hopes that when you screw it on your evic, that it finally makes contact with your evic. Just try not to tug on it too much and break it. It only takes a slight nudge upwards sometimes.
    Check out our Vape Meets for South Florida at www.southfloridavapers.com

Super Member Verified Member Enoch777's Avatar

Also don't tighten the Protank on your mod too hard. Snug is the best fit.
    madqatter likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome
    I use 5-7-9 tanks at a time to let them soak and then dry out you will wish to keep some on hand just for this asWell as switching juices .
    I like to have back ups for my back ups lol.
    You just never know what you will need.
    Best wishes
    H

Super Member ECF Veteran Fulgurant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch777 View Post
    A more effective, safe way to clean your Protank II. Disassemble and put into a container. Pour in just enough vodka so it covers everything. Let it soak for 6 - 48 hours. Take parts out and let air-dry as mentioned above. It's pretty effective at getting rid of strong flavors as well.
    I second the vodka suggestion. For what it's worth, though, I haven't seen a need to soak for more than about an hour. Not yet, anyway.

The other beautiful thing is that vodka evaporates really fast; an hour or two's trying time works for me. Your mileage may vary.
    Vapoor eyes er and Enoch777 like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

My first though is either the coil is not screwed into the base, all else try another coil, and last make sure the evic portion where the tank screws in is clean. Use a cue tip to wipe the threads off and connector off.

I have had an evic for 2 months and like a lot. Happy vaping and welcome to ECF.

You might have severed the coil. Try replacing the coil head.

Super Member Verified Member

Unscrew the base and make sure the coil is nice and tight into the base. And the. Put base back on and try again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast