Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Hello all, new guy here and in need of some advice/opinions...

Default Hello all, new guy here and in need of some advice/opinions...

Hey everyone! I am at 3 months without a cigarette now and so happy that my wife and I made the switch. We bought, and are still using, the e-cigs from V2. Electronic Cigarettes | V2 Cigs My wife is having no problems using these on a day to day basis, but I need more! I am very grateful that this brand got me off analog cigs, but they are not enough for me. Whenever I am with my friends and we are enjoying some cold brews, I start to hit my V2 constantly. I can easily go through 2 batteries in an evening. So for the weekends alone, I need something better that gives me a stronger vapor and of course a better battery.

From 7am this morning, I have been researching all the different kinds of batteries, carto's, cart's, tanks, ect. I think I have decided on the Aspire ET-S BDC Glassomizer. I am getting hung up on the battery though. I am thinking either an Ego Twist or a Vision Spinner for the variable voltage aspect. Any opinions on these or others, knowing what I need it for?

I do have a feeling that I will drop the V2 brand all together and let my wife use them, so I also want a battery that will last.

Another question, we are going on vacation (out of country) next month and I would like something that I can take with me that would be easy to use while I am there. Any vacation experience out there?

This site has been a great tool for me today, but since I have sort of narrowed down my selections, instead of cruising thread after thread, I thought I would start one.

Thanks!!!
    Kenny

2. Advertisement
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Hi, Sounds like you've got it.
    The twist and spinner are both good choices and the ones I would recommend.
    I read the 650mAh will last about 6.5 hours. Seems about right. The 1000mAh one lasts me just short of all day.(well, it did months ago. it needs replaced now)
    Two of them would be a good idea so you always have a fresh one. You can get a usb outlet for a car cigarette lighter.

4. Advertisement
    Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member
    Supporting Member

My first battery purchase was a pair of Ego C-twists, and they come with me every day now, but only as my backup rig. If I had to do it again, I'd still buy them first. They're just so easy.

Blog Entries

You can go with an Ego Twist or Spinner. Probably the most popular starter setup around. Ego Twist/Spinner Setup

You said you wanted something "stronger". You might consider skipping the intermediate level ego batteries and making the jump to an advance personal vaporizer (APV), or "mod". Consider the iTaste MVP:

Built-in rechargeable battery will last 2 - 3 days on a charge. Can be used as a passthru (use it while it charges). You can even charge your cell phone or iPod with it. Well built but not heavy. Classy looking (doesn't look like something from a head shop or a woman's sex toy). Since it has its own built-in battery like a powerful cell phone, you don't need to buy replaceable batteries and a separate charger like other mods. You can use any kind of juice attachment on this (clearomizers, cartomizers, tanks, etc) Variable voltage like the Twists/Spinners. Only $50. Innokin MVP iTaste Kit - AltSmoke

MVP V2.jpgInnokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg

Ultra Member

Second on the MVP. 2600mAh battery handles my hardest vaping. The version 2 has variable voltage and wattage. Congratulations, good luck and have fun!
    Baditude likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with Baditude. If you do go with the MVP 2 and you want to use it as a pass-through, when available, order a Joyetech eVic Electronic Cigarette USB Lead/Charger - Only $4.99 from Totally Wicked-eliquid. It works better than the retractable cord that comes with MVP 2 and is 6ft long. Happy Vaping!

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Awesome, thanks everyone for you opinions! I hadn't even considered the MVP, but I think I may look into that tonight.

Keep the comments coming!!!
    madqatter likes this.

I think that if you're willing to try the MVP, you should just go for it.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

Did quite a bit of research on the MVP last night and I am certainly leaning towards it. However, you are not able to replace the battery in it correct? I looked at the Innokin iTaste VTR as well because you can replace the battery in it. So, I am thinking the VTR might be a better choice as it will last me longer due to being able to change the battery. Or, should the battery in the MVP last 2 or 3 years? Is there anyone with any experience with it?

Super Member Verified Member Enoch777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennya View Post
    Did quite a bit of research on the MVP last night and I am certainly leaning towards it. However, you are not able to replace the battery in it correct?
    Correct. The MVP, both v1 and v2, have dedicated batteries. It's as simple as plugging in the USB charger and hooking up to your computer, or using the iTaste Wall Charger.

Quote Originally Posted by kennya View Post
    I looked at the Innokin iTaste VTR as well because you can replace the battery in it. So, I am thinking the VTR might be a better choice as it will last me longer due to being able to change the battery. Or, should the battery in the MVP last 2 or 3 years? Is there anyone with any experience with it?
    The MVP v2 has some pretty hefty batteries, 2600 mah. More than enough charge to last at least 1-2 days. Of course you're referring to the life time of the device/battery and I'm afraid I have no experience there.

What I can say is that iTaste is well known for great build quality using superior components. I think GrimmGreen had his MVP v1 for several years and it's still working, although he recently upgraded to a v2. If that doesn't smack of a great quality device, I don't know what does.

Check out his review: Innokin iTaste MVP V2 - YouTube

Vape well, vape often!
    madqatter likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast