what mech mod should I buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: what mech mod should I buy?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by djsvapour View Post
    I have a K100 and a KTS+.

I don't use either. Maybe one day, when I get into RBAs/RDAs and stuff like that. Not particularly useful for an "off the shelf" carto and clearo user. i.m.o.
    Not true, my mech mods work great with my carto tanks, there not just for RBA/RDA, you can use anything you want on them.
    zhentipede, JonnyB88 and K_Tech like this.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

^yeah, for some reason people think you have to go subohm to use mechs. You can regulate a mech with a kick...actually can turn it into a vw mod with the original evolv kick.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsmart506 View Post
    I want to buy a mech mod but which one Help
    jsmart506......
    It begs the question....are you new to vaping?
    What do you have for equipment NOW???
    Mechanical mods are fantastic.....but NOT for everyone.....If you've been vaping awhile and are just "new to the Forum" (I notice 6 posts....) there are LOTS of mod options....some less pricey than others!!
    IF, however, you're just getting your feet wet with vaping.....I'd suggest starting with what's been referred to as a "starter kit"....
    2 eGo-style batteries (variable voltage allows adjustment for coil differences/juice flavor, etc.- but NOT absolutely needed at the outset....), 2 juice tanks/clearomizers, battery charger (that's made FOR your particular brand/style battery!!) extra coils, some sort of stand or carry case....and, of course....JUICE!!!
    READ THE STICKIES at the top of this thread!! They'll steer you in the right direction!!
    Happy (vaping) Trails!

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

if you are there are lots out there to choose from I went with a kts plus with a pro tank or if your looking to go vv vw the vamo is a good starter a bolt is a simple mec mod to I think cloud 9 do a good little bolt kit with batteries kick & charger

Kicked Bolt Full Kit - Black - Cloud 9 Vaping

Nemesis clone, cause its fully adjustable, silver pined and awesome looking, very small mech with 18350 battery. Kick ring is also included and you can upgrade power switch with 2 round silver plated magnets to make it even better.

Annoyed Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Silver Bullet... its a beast, its a classic, and AltSmoke rocks :-)

All data sent and received from this device has been generously given to the United States Government to ensure the complete destruction of the Fourth Amendment by the friendly cowards at Google Inc.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BardicDruid View Post
    Not true, my mech mods work great with my carto tanks, there not just for RBA/RDA, you can use anything you want on them.
    Yes, I know that, but I can't help thinking people new to e-cigs might be disappointed if they get the wrong combination.

Call me the devil's advocate on this.

(maybe I worded it badly.......)

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

If you end up with a KTS and Protank combo, be aware that sometimes screwing down the tank all the way can cut off airflow. Just loosen the tank a bit and you get air instead of juice when you draw.

I think the nemesis is the hands down most recommended clone ATM?

I have both a K100 and a nemesis. Between the two I recommend the nemesis. It hits way harder. The construction has better quality feel to it. Either one is a good choice though.

I used a Protank mini on it for a while. Either of the mods allows for you to upgrade to a RBA. You really can't go wrong.
    zhentipede likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12