IGO-L Issue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: IGO-L Issue?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Have you ever dripped before? If this is your 1st go I would say it's:

a. Too much nic, when i went from my 3 year old Inferno to my Natural with a RSST RBA I went from 18mg to 12mg. I couldn't vape 18mg with it. I'm getting some 6mg to use on my Igo-W, 12 isn't too bad but I want to try 6mg.

b. Air hole misaligned or not the proper size. I'm not sure about the Igo-L but my Igo-W had 2 holes that required a dark room and a bright light to find. I drilled them out 3/32" and it's a much better drip experience.

Those are couple things I would look at.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That's been happening to me sort of. I'll wrap a micro coil, fire it and it looks beautiful. Throw some cotton in there, saturate it and when I fire it that way, vapor shoots off the coil a couple different ways like when you have a hot spot. The taste is off too with more throat hit than normal. Freaking sucks. I had some great micro coils and they worked great before. Not sure what I'm doing wrong now. Oh well, I'll get it back to awesome soon I hope!

Full Member Verified Member jarobins85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB88 View Post
    Yes. Do that and let us know how it goes after a couple of hits!
    Will do, I'll update tonight.
    JonnyB88 likes this.

Super Member Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by RETUSN View Post
    Have you ever dripped before? If this is your 1st go I would say it's:

a. Too much nic, when i went from my 3 year old Inferno to my Natural with a RSST RBA I went from 18mg to 12mg. I couldn't vape 18mg with it. I'm getting some 6mg to use on my Igo-W, 12 isn't too bad but I want to try 6mg.

b. Air hole misaligned or not the proper size. I'm not sure about the Igo-L but my Igo-W had 2 holes that required a dark room and a bright light to find. I drilled them out 3/32" and it's a much better drip experience.

Those are couple things I would look at.
    Good call on b. as well. I don't have any experience with the L, but those tiny pin holes that come stock with the igo W were awful. No airflow whatsoever, taste was terrible, and throat hit like someone punching a burnt paper towel down your throat.
    Like I said before, could be a lot of issues lol.

I'm gonna have to drill the hole out seems that when there more airflow the vapor cools a bit thus giving a nicer hit.
    But that's just what I've observed. Right now my evod is producing way better VTF then the igo so far not really diggin it. Hopefully after I drill the hole it might get a bit better hopefully
    Sent from Droidzilla 1.0

Super Member ECF Veteran StarDose's Avatar

The only time I had that issue with a micro was when I tried placing the coil out closer to the outside, so I moved it closer to the centre and problem solved.
    Currently vaping on my nemesis/kfl setup

Interesting idea I'll try that out before drilling the hole out. Thanks

Sent from Droidzilla 1.0

Make sure the wick can slide through the coil with very little resistance. It will swell up big time after it is saturated. I always wait about 15 mins before I take a hit on a new wick.

Also you can try the Dragon Coil. Instead of wicking through the coil, a bed of cotton is put under the coil. Great hits.

Also 12mg is harsher through an RBA than it is through a tank..

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jarobins85 View Post
    As of now the hole is directly in front of the coil. Also about the Cotton I don't I put to much I took about a 1in. long piece of cotton and I roll it thin enough to go through my coil. I think I might drop the coil down below the Airhole. I wrapped my kanthal around a 3mm rod I don't know if this will effect anything but I thought I might throw that out there. I really wanna get this sucker running especially after hearing all the praise everyone has for them Or at least on how functional it can be. I mean if I puff it like a cigar and it's not that bad but taking a drag kills my lungs. I just want a good vape hahahah, thanks guys for all the input thus far.
    I use micro coils in my IGO-L. I make them around a 1.5 mm drill or mini screw driver. Anything over 1.5 mm is not considered micro and will not work as well. I also make the coil 10 wraps and squeeze the wraps together so they are touching before I take the coil off the pin. My coils come in at about 1.2 ohms. My air hole is drilled out to 1.5 mm. Noticeable difference from original hole size. Too much cotton will choke the wick and keep it from moving juice and you'll get burnt hits.

Also, for me taking lung hits makes the vape harsher. Try pulling vapor into your mouth and then inhaling it.

All the other things mention in this thread count too. Are you using a mechanical mod and what resistance are your coils?

Don't give up on this. Once you get it, it will all have been worth it

IGO-L requires fine-tuning. For me, it was enlarging the airhole and adding a second.

after that, assuming I built a quality coil, almost all my issues with vape quality have to do with airflow and wicking. sometimes wicking affects airflow, ie when the wicks obstruct air circulation to the coils.

my goal is to maximize air circulation to create a big cool vape. by creating a clear path of fresh air from the airhole, to coil, and into your mouth. so use your judgement when considering the coil's leg length and placement and the wick amount and placement.

airhole isn't a variable anymore because you already drilled it. but you can experiment by plugging one hole to see the effects of having one or two. my 2nd airhole is much higher than the first and its above the coil, whereas the original hole is aligned with the coil. when I vape with only the higher airhole, I get less vape and a warmer hit. I don't like. but vape out of the aligned airhole, i get a thicker and cooler cloud. I like.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast