Virgin Vapor reviews suspiciously all 5-star? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Virgin Vapor reviews suspiciously all 5-star?

Super Member Verified Member Enoch777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    I always keep some Kona Velvet Milkshake, Original Sin (apple), and Red Hot Cinnamon in my juice collection.
    The Red Hot Cinnamon is pretty epic even OOB. I got a 50ml of that and I'm quite happy with it, and will likely re-order if I run out. I should probably re-cap on my earlier post: I don't plan to purchase exclusively from VV anymore. They do however, have some pretty amazing flavors. These flavors can be really hit or miss. Multiply that by two for individual tastes. Multiply by another two for the vintage of the bottle.

I really wish I could place an order at their site and be guaranteed what I'll receive is exactly like what I received before, but aside from the Red Hot Cinnamon which has been a very consistent flavor for me, I've yet to find something on their menu that doesn't have such polar opposites in flavor profile.

Maybe Snake Bite, maybe. I've got a bottle of it that's been steeping for a month now and it's finally starting to show its face. Makes me sad too cause the first bottle I ordered was some kind of epic brew the likes of which I've never experienced. They actually put my review on their site, but I guarantee every word was true.

Full Member Verified Member

i ordered 14 flavors from virgin vapors, most sample packs, a couple of larger bottles since the reviews both on their site and here on ECF were so good. Tried them all right out of the mail. Didn't like a single one. Let them steep 3 weeks, tried them again. Marginally better, but not a single one has found a home in a tank. None are flavorful enough for me except the blackberry vanilla swirl, but for some reason it makes my tongue tingle in a very unpleasant way. I spent too much money on juice i will never vape (i guess i will try them again in 6 months...). Its pretty crappy if they filter their reviews and just post the good ones. Its misleading, and reallyy dishonest business. I will not give virgin vapors one more penny of my hard earned money.

Super Member Verified Member BadTrainDriver's Avatar

I don't know whether they filter their reviews or not...I sure hope that they wouldn't, but I also agree that flavor reviews vary from person to person, taste to taste.

I have personally ordered two different sample packs, and four 30ml out of the 6 samples I sampled.

With the exception of one of the samples, I really like everything I've tried from them.

I do have one question that I've been meaning to ask...and I apologize if this is common knowledge me being new to this...but my Red Hot Cinnamon has been sitting for about a week, and I've noticed that it has "separated". There is small level of clear fluid sitting on top of the remaining fluid that is cloudy. Is that normal? I know to shake before using, and it mixes when I shake it, but after it sits for a few hours...sure enough, it's separated again.

Super Member Verified Member Enoch777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver View Post
    ...but my Red Hot Cinnamon has been sitting for about a week, and I've noticed that it has "separated". There is small level of clear fluid sitting on top of the remaining fluid that is cloudy. Is that normal? I know to shake before using, and it mixes when I shake it, but after it sits for a few hours...sure enough, it's separated again.
    Perfectly normal. This is due to the flavoring of the liquid, cinnamaldehyde. It has a different density than VG and will naturally separate and rise to the top. Ever put vegetable oil into a clear glass of water? Same thing. As I understand, similar cinnamon juices from other vendors are exactly the same.

Vape on
    Baditude and Fulgurant like this.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's a setup. They're a really popular company. In fact, year before last, one of their flavors was either first or second in the e-liquid poll. Most people that do reviews are usually people that like the e-liquid. That's the only time I've ever commented, when I liked something.

That's not to say you'll like it. I read glowing reviews on this forum about a supplier who shall remain nameless and I honestly wonder if we're talking about the same company because I thought it was so bad. That's just the way it is regarding taste. They'd probably hate what I like.

You're not going to like every e-liquid. If you like half of them, you're lucky. I probably only like 10-20% of the liquid I buy. That's why I DIY. Not because I'm good at it, because I'm not, but it's easier to make a new batch than to send away for it.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiVPR View Post
    Its difficult to really judge an ejuice from a review, although you can hints of what to expect. For example, I purchased a bottle of Strawberry-Lime cooler from VV even though there were quite a few reviews saying it was nasty, bitter and harsh. One person said it was terrible, tasted like some sort of spiced-Nyquil. Many others said it was the "best" juice they have ever tried, but I tend to take that with a grain of salt since its like saying that a particular dish at a local eatery is the best thing they have to offer.

Anyway, for me, I actually like the taste of Nyquil, and I do like bitter tastes so I gave the bottle a try. Not something I would vape frequently as the flavor was a bit too strong for my taste, and the spicy-ness was much stronger than I expected so I'll probably dilute it with some unflavored VG once I get around to picking up a bottle.

The basic flavor is acceptable to me, just too concentrated for my preference so I will just have to modify it to how I like it.

Bottom line I think the best way to find the "best" e-juice is to just keep trying as many brands as you can. You'll eventually find the perfect blend, taste and consistency and will probably just stick to it for a long while. Looking back at all the flavors I tried from different vendors, I'd say the journey was definitely worth it; I actually sort of miss the anticipation of trying a new juice even though the majority of time it ended up in disappointment. LOL
    I have done the same thing. I like a sweet juice from time to time. If other people say it's too sweet I know I will probably like it
    Last edited by Ohyeathat; 10-23-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I love coffee flavors, but their kona coffee milkshake left me pretty disappointed after all the rave reviews. Nothing wrong with the company; indeed, tastes vary. But something about it just isn't right. Even after ~5 months of steeping it tastes closer to pure alcohol than to coffee (and yes, it spent plenty of time steeping with the cap off when I first got it). It's possible that it was just an iffy batch but I don't feel compelled to buy from there again just to find out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    In fact, year before last, one of their flavors was either first or second in the e-liquid poll.
    That would have been the Kona Coffee Milkshake, I believe it came in 3rd place in the overall poll. That was the reason I tried it in the first place. Not long after the poll was posted, a key ingredient in the mix became unavailable and therefore Anette was not able to offer it on her website for like 3 - 4 months. I therefore tried the alternative Kona Velvet Milkshake and it became one of my all-time favorites.

When the Kona Coffee Milkshake finally became available, I purchased that, too. Turns out I like the Velvet more, and as I said it has become a staple in my collection ever since.

I tried a sampler of VV's French Vanilla, Banana Coconut Colada, and Double Espresso; and can't really recommend them. Still, I recently ordered another sampler of Dark Roast Turkish Coffee, Coconut Breeze and Going Bananas; giving them a fair shake. Someone earlier mentioned that they let their order steep for months. Seems to me if that's the case, then VV should let them "age" like wine before ever putting them in the mail. Don't want to order something and have to let it sit six months before i can expect good taste. I'll leave them for a month or so, but that's about my limit.

Default Virgin Vapors is good stuff

I like the fact that virgin vapors offers a 50/50 vg/pg mix as thats my preference and as a menthol vaper I find that just adding a few drops of their flavors to their Menthol moondrops is key . If I do a straight tank of Peach perfect , its too fruity . Even 1/2 flavor + 1/2 menthol is a bit much , but a few drops of the peach with menthol is sublime . Im currently vaping Celestial Honeydew with their Menthol Moondrops and loving it.If Im just wanting a clean menthol ill add a few drops of peppermint chill to the moondrops.
    Of course everyone is entitled to their preference but IMHO VV is quality stuff and business wise everything has arrived in a timely fashion.
    After suffering thru a week at the beach vaping Rhino brand menthol , I wouldve killed a man for a bottle of Menthol Moondrops .
    Angiebubs likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast