Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Virgin Vapor reviews suspiciously all 5-star?

Default Virgin Vapor reviews suspiciously all 5-star?

Hey, I just went through my first sample pack from Virgin Vapor and I've got to say, the flavors were not as good as I was expecting given all the rave reviews. I went to the VV site to post my thoughts and I was noticing that every flavor they have was getting nothing but 5-stars. Its been a few days and the reviews I posted still are not showing. Suspicious?
    CorallineAlgae likes this.

2. Advertisement
    PV Master Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

I would say that they maybe picking and choosing what reviews to post. I have yet to see any honest site have all 5 star reviews on every product they carry.

4. Advertisement
    Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Couple of things-I had asked this question a few months ago-and basically it takes awhile to get the reviews posted. I know that they have had several big events lately so have been VERY busy! My reviews DID show up. And honestly, I mostly posted on the ones that jumped out at me as all time favorites, and probably what happens with most. Of the 40+ flavors I have tried, there has only been one I did not care for (And is a top fav with others) and only a couple that I could take or leave. I would highly recommend their Celestial Honeydew, Plum Crazy, Sweet Butter Cream mint, Strawberry Granita, Kona Coffee Milkshake,and Black Cherry Marshmallow. The first threes I list are good right away, the others took a couple weeks before I felt their full flavor comes through.

As far as the flavors, if you ordered their (Virgin line especially) VG, you should definitely steep the liquids to discover their true awesome flavors! (Yes I am a huge VV fan!!!)
    IMHO

ETA: changes absolute to virgin line sorry
    Last edited by Angiebubs; 10-22-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Super Member Verified Member Enoch777's Avatar

Not really. They screen their reviews and only accept (mostly) 5-star ones. It's their prerogative I suppose. I imagine other vendors do the same.

I've said this before, some of *THE BEST* juice I've ever had came from Virgin Vapor. It should be noted these bottles were quite old, however. I vaped them 2 months ago, and they were 8 months old back then. I think somewhere along the lines they either changed the recipe or have been having issues with their flavorings of choice (Other threads exist that touch on these topics, the validity of which I cannot say).

Either that, or their juices truly do require 6 months or longer to steep before they become as good. I haven't decided, but got a big 50ml bottle of Butter Cream Mint that I will be happy to test in Spring (rofl).

I'm not ordering from them anymore unless they change whatever is going on or can supply consistent flavor no matter the age. I'm just not interested in hanging on to bottles for half a year before they taste good. I suggest you check out Heather's Heavenly Vapes (Purity line) or Velvet Cloud Vapor. If you're into 100% VG juices, can't go wrong there.
    Last edited by Enoch777; 10-22-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Enoch-your butter cream mint required steeping? This is in my top fav all day vapes and is one that I think is great right out of the mail?????

Super Member Verified Member Enoch777's Avatar

I had a small 10ml I got back in mid-August and it was divine. Even in my Protank, which tends to create more vapor and less flavor, it tasted like the smoothest butter cream with a hint of what to me was like a Black & Mild cigar. Very little mint, if any at all, but I didn't mind in the slightest.

This 50ml tastes like cheap mint flavor mixed with alcohol and sugar. It's blah. Been steeping for 2 weeks now and no difference. Smells amazing though.

Blog Entries

I've been ordering a few choice flavors from Virgin Vapors for over a year. Most of them require a 2 - 3 week steeping period before they are at their best. To me, they are worth it because I have enough other juice I can afford to wait.

I don't care for all of her flavors. I have one (pecan pie) that I really wanted to like, but after a years time it just never clicked. No e-liquid vendor is going to get it right with every flavor they offer. Thing is, someone will like it enough to keep ordering it and justify leaving it on the list.

I always keep some Kona Velvet Milkshake, Original Sin (apple), and Red Hot Cinnamon in my juice collection. I like all the coffee flavors I've tried from VV. And most of the fruit flavors, too. I've just found some other coffee and fruit flavors that I prefer more elsewhere.

Tastes vary. They vary a lot. Think food taste preferences, and then imagine that every diner is the pickiest eater you've ever seen. Now realize that there are vapers who are ten times pickier than that.

You're gonna be disappointed with a lot of juices. It doesn't matter how expensive or how well packaged they are. It doesn't matter how glowing their reviews are. You're gonna hate your fair share, possibly even most of what you try. That's why I recommend starting with cheaper vendors; chances are your success rate won't be much lower, but you'll spend less figuring out which general flavor profiles suit you best, and there's a solid chance you'll find at least one keeper -- a juice that'll suffice as an all-day-vape until you find something that knocks your socks off.
    Vapoor eyes er and Enoch777 like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I noticed another vendor I did a review for didn't post my negative review. It wasn't a mean spirited review. I was just honest about how much I didn't like it. I tend to trust vendors who have some negative reviews. Taste is very subjective so I take that into account but I like to know if it needs steeping, will gunk up coils or crack plastic tanks.
    Fulgurant and CorallineAlgae like this.

Moved On Verified Member

Its difficult to really judge an ejuice from a review, although you can hints of what to expect. For example, I purchased a bottle of Strawberry-Lime cooler from VV even though there were quite a few reviews saying it was nasty, bitter and harsh. One person said it was terrible, tasted like some sort of spiced-Nyquil. Many others said it was the "best" juice they have ever tried, but I tend to take that with a grain of salt since its like saying that a particular dish at a local eatery is the best thing they have to offer.

Anyway, for me, I actually like the taste of Nyquil, and I do like bitter tastes so I gave the bottle a try. Not something I would vape frequently as the flavor was a bit too strong for my taste, and the spicy-ness was much stronger than I expected so I'll probably dilute it with some unflavored VG once I get around to picking up a bottle.

The basic flavor is acceptable to me, just too concentrated for my preference so I will just have to modify it to how I like it.

Bottom line I think the best way to find the "best" e-juice is to just keep trying as many brands as you can. You'll eventually find the perfect blend, taste and consistency and will probably just stick to it for a long while. Looking back at all the flavors I tried from different vendors, I'd say the journey was definitely worth it; I actually sort of miss the anticipation of trying a new juice even though the majority of time it ended up in disappointment. LOL
    Ohyeathat, Enoch777 and Fulgurant like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast