CE 5 burnt taste - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CE 5 burnt taste

Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Cindy - how long have you been using that clearo? Did it taste burnt right away or after using? I actually like top wicking clearos and I still use them. I get the burnt taste when the coils get gunked up. Depends on the juice I'm using as to how long that is. Sometimes cleaning and dry-burning the wicks will help but usually when they start tasting burnt, I toss them.
    WarHawk-AVG likes this.

Full Member Verified Member Cindy301's Avatar

Default CE 5 Burnt taste

Quote Originally Posted by Susan W. View Post
    Cindy - how long have you been using that clearo? Did it taste burnt right away or after using? I actually like top wicking clearos and I still use them. I get the burnt taste when the coils get gunked up. Depends on the juice I'm using as to how long that is. Sometimes cleaning and dry-burning the wicks will help but usually when they start tasting burnt, I toss them.
    I have had them a couple of months. I noticed the burnt taste is usually when I change the battery. Perhaps the CE5 isn't what I should be using. I got them because I have like 10 flavors & I went for them because of price. Any recommendations on what I should use? I am waiting on a Vamo2 maybe that will solve the problem. I have never had a vv VW before so I am a noobie & I appreciate any advice given. Thanks for welcoming me to a great forum.

Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar

If you like the vapor warmth and flavor production of top coil systems, I'd look into the IClear 30. I picked one up this week (gee, thanks Baditude) and it's a great system.

I've been strictly a bottom coil clearo user and those will probably dominate my setup rotation for a long time to come. The vapor is a little cooler, but the burnt tastes are much fewer and farther between and the flavor is there. Kanger Evods, Protank II's and Kamry X10's top my favorite setups and they all work hassle free for me.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One thing I do to the CE5 and others is I remove some of the plastic length off the piece that covers the head. This sometimes gets pushed down on the wicks causing them to not wick fast enough. Just remove 1/16 to 1/8 and put back on. Happy Vaping

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12