Terrible Taste - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terrible Taste

Super Member Verified Member Scarey's Avatar

The problem here is that OP is in Canada. Aren't they stopping e-liquids at the border? He may need an in-country inexpensive supplier.
    _____________Last analog: September 10th, 2013, Around 22:00 GMT -5______________
    At 0.5Ω of resistance you're pushing 7.4 amps and a whopping 27.38 watts...
    If you did that to an eGo, it would destroy a small village.

Hm might have to try that.

The Halo is probably fine, I got three bottles of VapenJuice (fuark) and a sampler of Halo. It doesn't have the gross chemical smell the other ones have.

Still trying to work this taste out of the wick.. bleh

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

@cANADA, In my experience, I bought a juice that I absolutely hated. The taste was terrible from the first puff. I put it in my cabinet and just worked on the bottle I had. I bought a couple of other flavors and I noticed the taste was changing on them almost every time. SO I tried the bad juice again. I loved it. I believe the change was caused more by my taste buds than any steeping effect. Your taste buds undergo major changes when you quit smoking and I know what I tasted in the beginning is different than what I taste now. So give it a few days and try it again. Just my 2 cents.
    WillyZee likes this.

If at any time I offend you with something I post, you better suck it up, I'm going to do it again.

Quit smoking back in August, taste budders are adjusted to spec.

After putting my old RY4 in the Stardust and reefing on it all night its just starting to taste better.

I'll keep the caps off the Vapenjuice bottles for a few days and see if it makes any difference. If they don't get any better a month from now will probably toss.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

don't toss them CanadaDudeMan ... save them for an emergency
    Ryedan and partyannimal like this.
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

The reality is that there is a lot of crappy tasting juice out there. Some vendors seem to only sell crappy tasting juice, while others seem to sell juice that taste great no matter what the 'flavor.' To me there is nothing worse than getting a new order of juice that tastes like nail polish remover smells, and a large amount of them do to me.

I've tried the whole steeping thing, and not sure it makes a lick of difference. I left a couple of bottles uncapped for four days, and any change in flavor was marginal at best. If I have to leave a bottle sitting for days in order to enjoy the flavor, I find a new vendor, pure and simple.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I must admit, I'm a bit torn on the topic of "steeping" after reading this thread. I could've sworn that a few of the flavors that I bought and mixed tasted better after about a week or so. But as Sucker_dad mentioned, it may have just been my taste buds adjusting to the flavors. I'll continue to steep when it's convenient, just to see if I have different results.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

Some people swear that steeping works. Maybe it only works for certainly juices, but I've never had the least amount of luck with it. Even if it does work, do I really wanna order juice, wait 5 days to get it, then wait another week to use it?
    partyannimal likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAndBars View Post
    Even if it does work, do I really wanna order juice, wait 5 days to get it, then wait another week to use it?
    Yeah, that's kinda my thoughts too. But since I'm still fairly new to juice vendors, it's pretty much trial and error for me no matter what lol.

Well after leaving the caps off all night the chemical smell is gone and the juices are starting to taste better..

Now I'm just fighting with this Kanger T3, worked flawlessly last night and this morning but now its leaking everywhere. Oi vey.
    Ryedan likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast