Terrible Taste
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terrible Taste

Default Terrible Taste

I just ordered some new hardware and liquid from CanVape for the first time but the juices all have an awful taste.

One of the first things I noticed was I could actually smell the liquid before taking it out of the bag.. this struck me as odd since I've never been able to smell it unless I uncap a bottle. Kind of a gross, chemical smell.

So I filled my new Ego Stardust, take a few hits and at first I was all excited about how much better the vapor is but all I can taste is the gross smell I mentioned before.. Thinking it was maybe just the juice or the Stardust I fill up a Kanger T3 with Export A and got the exact same taste.

Anyone have experience with VapenJuice from CanVape? I noticed it was cheaper than the liquid I usually buy.. is it like cheap/value liquid or something?

Got 50ml of this stuff in total.. Hoping it wasn't a waste. Right now I'm pouring all my new juices back into their bottles and refilling my hardware with my usual stuff.

Do I need to steep this stuff or something?

Cigarettes taste gross to me now, but I swear this weird chemical taste is even worse.

I would have posted this in the Canada section but only 3 posts.. now 4.. I'm cheating.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaDudeMan View Post
    I would have posted this in the Canada section but only 3 posts.. now 4.. I'm cheating.
    Definitely let it steep if you don't enjoy it at first (could be said for all juices) and then give it another go. The vapenjuice is their "value lines" (Source: Good juice at Canvape?) so you may have gotten some "Nasty samples" like the guy in that thread. (Everyone in that thread hates vapenjuice)

PV Master Verified Member

It may need to steep...I have never tried that vendor but HATE the weird chemical taste that the least expensive juices have ( I think its the quality of flavors they use)...trying to help you get those 5 posts

5 posts! I'm free!

Yeah, that thread was the first place Google brought me.. Thank god I didn't start with this juice I would probably still be smoking!

How long does steeping usually take? Few days? A week or two?

I got one sampler from Halo but I'm kinda nervous to try it now.

Cant wait for crap juice to burn off coil..
    Ryedan likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi DudeMan and welcome to ECF. Canvape is my main vape supplier, but I have never tried their juice. I make my own now so probably never will. Letting this stuff steep for a week is a good idea. Because of the chemical smell, you might try leaving the bottles open for a few days to let some evaporation happen. I've bought inexpensive juice before and never had to do that, but I've read that other people have.

Juice that you like can be hard to find. IMO, if you like half of the ones you try you're doing good. I used to buy 10 ml bottles to test before buying larger ones. Best of luck with it

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaDudeMan View Post
    How long does steeping usually take? Few days? A week or two?
    It depends. Sometimes a few days does it, sometimes weeks. It doesn't work for everything either. You just have to try it and see if it does it for you.
    Vapoor eyes er and Fulgurant like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Halo juices usually don't need to steep. I started out with them and I liked most of what I got. What sampler pack did you get?

I buy mostly from Mt.Baker now. Some flavors need to steep and some are great right from the mailbox.
    Fulgurant likes this.

Juice is crazy stuff. At first I was loving Wisconson Frost from Red Oak. Then I went away from that flavor. I don't know what changes. Now I'm liking several of the Seduce Juice line from seducejuice.com like Snake Oil , Snake Venom, and Rapture. Just nice. JD Vapor Nana's Bread, mmmmm. Black Cloud's "Flat Line" is another fav. Also kind of liking there Apple Melon, I think there is a touch of cinnamon in there. I won't bother with the bottles that get ignored. Too depressing.

Brent

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Oh and you can speed up the steeping process. I have heat steeped and it works wonders. If your not familiar with heat steeping here's a quick explanation. Run some tap water until it gets very hot (or put a mug of water in the microwave to heat up). Not so hot it's boiling, just very hot to touch. Make sure the mug (or bowl if you like) has enough water to submerge the bottle up to its neck. Take the cap off and the dripper, too. Place the bottle in the hot water and leave it there until the water cools. Then replace the dripper and cap and shake the bloody hell out of the bottle. Repeat the process as many times as you want. I usually do this about 3-5 times and give the juice another taste to check for improvements.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast