Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hello ECF, some help knowing if I'm on the right track

Default Hello ECF, some help knowing if I'm on the right track

I'll try an make this short because my original got eaten. Smoked since I was 15 everyday until now, 26, started having lung troubles. My sister gave me a blu ecig and a week later I grabbed a better but still cheap wick/tank style one from a cigar shop. That was Aug 2nd 2013 and Ive been buying more of these cheap ones while researching better stuff, my 3rd one is about to die so I guess it's time to step my game up.

This is what I'm thinking of grabbing:

ProVari ProVari Black Electronic Cigarettes: Black Electric Cigarette, Black E-Cigarette
    A Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer IGO-L Rebuildable Atomizer - Kidney Puncher
    A Rebuildable Atomizer Smoktech RSST RBA - Kidney Puncher

(wanted to grab the two types of rebuildable atomizers to basically try both methods out, and also because I like the idea of replacing or rebuilding instead of constantly buying replacements)

I know with these setups I would also need to get: Kanthol for coil making , cotton or silica for the drip, and ss mesh for the tank. Maybe drip tips if they don't come with them, have to check.

Is there anything i'm forgetting here? and also if you have anything you want to chime in with or even different suggestions on models of RBA/RDA to buy, let me know.

Ps I know the stuff mentioned above is not so much for the beginner, but like I said I've been doing some research and I'm pretty sure I can handle getting the stuff that seems daunting for most of the people starting out done. Most of my confusion trouble has been sifting through all the stuff you can buy for vaping, I guess a lot of people around the world have switched from smoking.
    madqatter likes this.

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

welcome malmasaki ... you seem to be on the right track
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

4. Advertisement

Yeah you do seem to be on the right track. Smart move getting a great mod right away. I just got an email saying my provari is in the mail, it will be my 4th mod. I wish i was smart enough to just get a great one from the start. I have both the of the RBA's that you are getting and I think you will love them both. The only other thing i could think of is to get a vivi nova or pro tank to use while you are learning to build or if your RBA's go down for whatever reason.

Also don't forget good batteries (atleast two) and a charger but i'm sure you know that.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran pufZeppelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malmasaki View Post
    Smoked since I was 15 everyday until now
    My sister gave me a blu ecig and a week later I grabbed a better but still cheap wick/tank style one from a cigar shop.
    That was Aug 2nd 2013 and Ive been buying more of these cheap ones while researching better stuff, my 3rd one is about to die so I guess it's time to step my game up.
    hello malmasaki welcome -

nice move getting away from those paper burnin types

hope all goes well...
    Ω ... you have to "Learn" how to Vape, it's not smoking... it’s,“addiction without the consequences”

Super Member Supporting Member Saltraker's Avatar

Yeah, you're getting some good stuff. But you won't be able to vape your eGo batteries for ol' times sake, like I do. Welcome to ECF.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just remember you can't do sub-ohm coils on your Provari because of the amp limit. (If that is what you are intending on doing) The Provari will give you an E1 or E2, maybe an E8 error if you go too low. I think that the lowest it will go is in the area of 1.1 to 1.3 (not 100% sure the exact number) I generally shoot for 1.8 to 2.1 ohms with my RSST on my Provari.

thanks for the replies

I don't know about the sub-ohm stuff, seems cool with the amount of vape and all but I don't know if my lungs can even handle that anymore, I would think 1.1 to 1.3 would be as low as I could handle anyway ha

Welcome! Looks like you've been doing your research and making some excellent choices. Don't forget that your batteries and charger should be excellent, too.
    Ryedan likes this.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Do you own at least one premade 510 threaded head that you can use on your ProVari? If not, I suggest getting one. Just so you can use it right away. Rebuildables take time and a lot of skill--at least at the beginning.

Do you have a charger and batteries? A small tube of Noalox? Isopropyl alcohol for cleaning?
    madqatter and Ryedan like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi malmasaki and welcome to ECF! You are going to do great with the gear you're getting. I have to agree with Katya though that I would also get something else pre-made to put on the Provari to use until you have a RBA/RDA working right. The IGO is one of the easiest RDA's to build, but still if you don't know what something decent is capable of you have nothing to judge your IGO build against. The RSST is going to be a bit trickier, but not by too much.

Best of luck with it and if you have any questions when you get into it you know where to come for help
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.
    If you Tweet and have 2 extra minutes a day, you can do this. Look for the daily threads in General E-Smoking Discussion
    titled “Fight for Your Right to #Vape – Daily Action Plan” and Tweet for the cause.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast