Dying for a SID! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Dying for a SID!

Quote Originally Posted by names View Post
    I think the SID is only top heavy with a big tank on it. With a Kanger Mini or a smaller cartomizer or clearomizer, it's balanced. With te 18350 tube, it's a good size. The only real down-side is they don't like coils with less than 1.3ohm resistance. Look elsewhere if you are going for low resistance coils. Mount Baker Vapor has them on sale for $45 right now.
    I have a Kanger Mini with a 2.2 coil on it right now and I try to stay consistent. Eventually I'm going to start rebuilding but for now I'm going to stick to that set up. My local B&M is actually MadVapes so I figured I'd get it from there. The $5 I pay extra would be shipping anyway. Thank you so much. You're incredibly helpful!

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

Default Dying for a SID!

Quote Originally Posted by suspectK View Post
    The button rotates when pushed in, so it doesn't break with rotating force.
    I have no idea what that means... (LOL) At all. But it sounds intriguing!

Wrong post, sorry! Thank you for clearing that up!

Quote Originally Posted by loislolalane View Post
    My local B&M is actually MadVapes so I figured I'd get it from there.
    Good vendor. buy local. The spinning button is not something I'd call a feature; it just happens to spin around its center. What's strange is there's a logo on that button and it's NEVER aligned or pointing the same way. Annoying if you're OCD. Not that I am, but it's annoying to those who are..

Good vendor. buy local. The spinning button is not something I'd call a feature; it just happens to spin around its center. What's strange is there's a logo on that button and it's NEVER aligned or pointing the same way. Annoying if you're OCD. Not that I am, but it's annoying to those who are..
    I can imagine myself fiddling with the button, but is eventually build a bridge and get over it. (LOL)

One more thing - the SID is a little finicky about the lithium battery. It didn't like the button-top Trustfire 18650s and would shut off when trying to fire. Sanyo and Efest batteries work OK. Panasonic and others will likely work fine.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran D. Waterhouse's Avatar

Got it, love it! I've dropped it more times than I care to admit and it works like day one. With my Pyrex ARO it's nicely balanced and fits well in the hand, add a Panasonic battery and it'll last all day on a bit more than half a charge.
    A Kayfun and Caravela clones, BoxMods w/ 2ohm singles, IGO S, Smok dripper, iTaste VF, Orchid V2 clone & Adirondack Vapor juice :)

One more thing - the SID is a little finicky about the lithium battery. It didn't like the button-top Trustfire 18650s and would shut off when trying to fire. Sanyo and Efest batteries work OK. Panasonic and others will likely work fine.
    Great to know! Thanks so much! :-)

PV Master ECF Veteran pufZeppelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loislolalane View Post
    Hi, guys!

I'm a noob who pretty much sped through the levels that most seem to go through.

Now that I've discovered variable wattage, I want to know what the variable voltage experience would give me, but I want a device that has easy menus, variable voltage and wattage, and an ohm reader. I was looking at the Smok SID. Any advice for or against?

Hi loislolalane welcome to ECF

just wondered if you ever looked at an MVP v2... ?

- iTaste 2.0 MVP Kit with iClear16

Ω ... you have to "Learn" how to Vape, it's not smoking...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran D. Waterhouse's Avatar

It's not a good idea to be using non-high drain batteries in a VV/VW device and as the saying goes never trust a battery with "FIRE" in the name.
    A Kayfun and Caravela clones, BoxMods w/ 2ohm singles, IGO S, Smok dripper, iTaste VF, Orchid V2 clone & Adirondack Vapor juice :)

Full Member Verified Member

I got a SID from madvapes and got an extra controller head and the 18350 & 18500 tubes. I really like it, it has all the features you need in a VV/VW mod. The resistance reading is very helpful, it can tell you if you have a dead clearo/carto/tank. If you have a local madvapes store definitely go in and check it out.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast