Dying for a SID!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Dying for a SID!

Default Dying for a SID!

Hi, guys!

I'm a noob who pretty much sped through the levels that most seem to go through.

I started last month with a regular ego battery/clearomizer hook up. The person who sold it to me didn't tell me much so I set out to find answers myself and found an entire world that I have come to find intriguing! Anyway, I bought a K-100 two weeks ago and bought a kick two days ago. Now that I've discovered variable wattage, I want to know what the variable voltage experience would give me, but I want a device that has easy menus, variable voltage and wattage, and an ohm reader. I was looking at the Smok SID. Any advice for or against?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

SID is really top heavy. Add a good tank onto that, it's pretty crazy. I liked the zmax, but I don't like the customer service behind chinesey mods. I ended up getting a vape-pro for my first APV.
    tnt56 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

Never heard of it so I checked it out from a web site. Looks pretty decent. Are wattage, etc adjustments made by dialing the fire button? Not sure how I'd feel about that if it is the case.

ECF Veteran

It's a one button operated menu. Multiple clicks to scroll through functions, pause to select, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAndBars View Post
    Never heard of it so I checked it out from a web site. Looks pretty decent. Are wattage, etc adjustments made by dialing the fire button? Not sure how I'd feel about that if it is the case.
    Looks like one button, period, but I've not seen misfires on the videos and I like the menu much better than that of the z-max.

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by suspectK View Post
    SID is really top heavy. Add a good tank onto that, it's pretty crazy. I liked the zmax, but I don't like the customer service behind chinesey mods. I ended up getting a vape-pro for my first APV.
    Top heavy, huh? Hmmm... Not sure if I'm okay with that. I would have to go hold one. The zmax menu is too bright and I don't like the look of it. I will look at the vape pro. Thanks!

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

ECF Veteran

Vape pro is the same blue led...you can turn both of them off. I only use the LED on when using a RBA.

I think the SID is only top heavy with a big tank on it. With a Kanger Mini or a smaller cartomizer or clearomizer, it's balanced. With te 18350 tube, it's a good size. The only real down-side is they don't like coils with less than 1.3ohm resistance. Look elsewhere if you are going for low resistance coils. Mount Baker Vapor has them on sale for $45 right now.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

Hmm, wonder what the description is referring to. It says 'improved 360 rotating button' on the web site.

ECF Veteran

The button rotates when pushed in, so it doesn't break with rotating force.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast