New guy here. Probationary post.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: New guy here. Probationary post.

Default New guy here. Probationary post.

First I would like to apologize to Bad Wolf for stealing his name. My coffee is not working this morning and I could not come up with a creative name. BadWolf is what I use on my other forums.

My wife and I have been vaping for around 8 months but are probably having a slower learning process than many.
    We started with the cigarette style, but just weren't satisfied. Were then told that since we had been heavy smokers we should have started with an ego style, so we tried that. After much trial and error we are currently using an ego twist style and protank 2 mini. We love vaping but still don't seem to get fully satisfied. We are once again thinking of upgrading and are trying to decide between Vamo 2 and SID. Leaning towards the SID but money is tight and Fast tech has some great prices on the Vamo.

Finally registered here because just lurking I still get overwhelmed with information. Most of our local stores seem to either have limited knowledge of the subject or are more interested in a sale than helping me buy the right product. Plus their prices are way higher locally than online. Example: Cheapest Vamo in town is over $80.

Would be interested in any local vaping clubs but am not aware of any. Am located about 2 hours south of Tampa.

That's all for now. Thanks for your patience.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you go the vamo route, look into the v5, and for "gods" sake, get it from fasttech for half the price. I don't mind supporting domestic resellers, but for $60...

And, welcome to the forum!

cg
    BadWolf24 likes this.
    "I carry a leaf blower hooked to fog machine when i go out. I have "'ECF for life'" stenciled on the side if it." -Me
    "I want to make an ejuice from Coconut and rUM, and call it." -Me

Is the Totally Wicked still open on Harbor Blvd? I go to the Bradenton store, pick their brains about stuff and buy from other online retailers. The staff at the Bradenton store seem to be pretty good with helping people out. Another decent local store I've found is CleanSmoke USA. I think the closest one to you is in Sarasota off BeeRidge Rd.

Have you considered an Innokin MVP2 or a Sigelei ZMax 3?
    BadWolf24 likes this.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

@exnihilo Is the V5 significantly better than the V2? Fast tech has the V2 in colored anodized aluminum for $25, which is what got me thinking I could afford to splurge for the 2 of us in the 1st place.

@RoofMonkey I have honestly never seen the place. I think I saw a Facebook page for them but when I tried to find it they were out of business. Was it at the NW corner of Harbor and 41?

@madqatter I have considered them but am kind of limited on what I can spend. Anything I get has to come in pairs. The Vamo and SID seem to be both popular and cheap $$.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

If your looking into the vamo try this AMERICAN place. Vamo V4 & V5 - VV/VW I ordered my vamo 5 friday and its set to arrive tomorrow and for $43.95 and free shipping seems a good deal to me. Beats sending my money to china

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Hi and Welcome.
    I don't use my Vamo much anymore but it is a powerful and reliable Device if treated properly. Then again I feel that way about most APV's. Take care of whatever you have and it will normally take care of you.

If your looking into the vamo try this AMERICAN place. Vamo V4 & V5 - VV/VW I ordered my vamo 5 friday and its set to arrive tomorrow and for $43.95 and free shipping seems a good deal to me. Beats sending my money to china
    Sorry, I always get a kick out of these post.
    It could read I'd rather pay someone else a premium to purchase a device they purchased from China.
    Last edited by crxess; 10-23-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf24 View Post
    @madqatter I have considered them but am kind of limited on what I can spend.
    MVP2 is less than $50. Really not bad for such a popular piece.
    RubyRoo likes this.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

@ texasoil If I was going to go the Buy American route I was looking at the Smoktech SID for The Digital Cig in Tampa for $45, which is basically the same price as the Vamos you showed me. Most reviews I've seen list the SID as a slight upgrade over the Vamo. What is your opinion? If I went with the V4 or V5 it seems the only difference between the two is the cap and colors. Why is one a better choice than the other?
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

welcome to the forum xx

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast