I have arrived.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I have arrived.

Default I have arrived.

Yeah, I know catchy title right? I have been Vaping for 5 days now. After trying a few months back with a Halo G6 and not liking it after giving it a couple days I decided to start analogs again. Now I have started up again with some better equipment and more knowledge than before.

I am now using a Mini Protank 2 with 1.8ohm coils and ego C twist batt. I have been having some trouble with the change but I think more of it is due to quitting smoking than starting vaping. Thought I would share my own observations here and let the masses chime in.

First was the super tired feeling, felt dizzy etc. That's cleared up then was the intestinal stuff which currently I am experiencing wicked heartburn. No headaches as of yet and sometimes my chest is a little tight. Never hurts, never out of breathe, sometimes heart rate is elevated very slightly. On the whole I can really whip up the stairs in our home quickly without too much trouble at all. I never had a real serious time with them but sometimes I had to catch my breath.

I figure all of this is par for the course after 20 years of smoking. Glad to be non smoking though.
    WillyZee likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Welcome..... come on in and stay a while!!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You have arrived, and we are so glad you did! Welcome

Dan

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Welcome; I have a symptom when I get too much nicotine I see shimmering when I look at checkered colored patterns.
    a 0 nic blend for a few days cures that; i been vaping a couple months now; since about july.
    btw;

this thing looks gorgeous to me

Welcome Orange! Been just over a month here for me, making the switch that is. Loving it, and at this point, not feeling any ill after effects from the Analogs, have already dropped nic way lower than where I started, I over did originally, not knowing exactly what to expect. Good luck to you, hope you are able to let them go for good this time! Equipment really can make a difference in the experience.
    WillyZee likes this.

Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to ECF!! You're still going to go through some withdrawals due to all the other chemicals in cigarettes. The tightness in your chest could be from the juice you're using. Some people have allergies to PG and reducing the PG or eliminating it completely helps.
    blondeambition3 and ScandaLeX like this.

Full Member Verified Member

What milligram nicotine are you using? If you are using the twist and upping the voltage you will create more vapor. More vapor more nicotine. I switched to a mechanical mod recently and had to lower my nic level to 12 from 18. Dizzy, nausea, not uncoming when over nic'ng.

I am new as well so look forward to seeing you around.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAnimal View Post
    Yeah, I know catchy title right? I have been Vaping for 5 days now. After trying a few months back with a Halo G6 and not liking it after giving it a couple days I decided to start analogs again. Now I have started up again with some better equipment and more knowledge than before.

I am now using a Mini Protank 2 with 1.8ohm coils and ego C twist batt. I have been having some trouble with the change but I think more of it is due to quitting smoking than starting vaping. Thought I would share my own observations here and let the masses chime in.

First was the super tired feeling, felt dizzy etc. That's cleared up then was the intestinal stuff which currently I am experiencing wicked heartburn. No headaches as of yet and sometimes my chest is a little tight. Never hurts, never out of breathe, sometimes heart rate is elevated very slightly. On the whole I can really whip up the stairs in our home quickly without too much trouble at all. I never had a real serious time with them but sometimes I had to catch my breath.

I figure all of this is par for the course after 20 years of smoking. Glad to be non smoking though.
    Welcome to ECF "I" and I wish you all the best!

A lot of the physical symptoms you stated 'could' be attributed to quitting smoking, and 'some' may be due to over vaping. While vaping is hands down a 'safer' alternative to smoking, you may (or may not) experience some GERD-ish issues if you vape too heavily. Just take it easy and try to limit your vaping sessions. In time, you'll find what's comfortable for you. In time, you'll also get your smell back, your taste back, your voice back, your lung capacity back, energy back, and be able to thumb your nose up at those Analogs forever!
    WillyZee likes this.
    A simple handmaiden for Christ

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Susan W. View Post
    Welcome to ECF!! You're still going to go through some withdrawals due to all the other chemicals in cigarettes. The tightness in your chest could be from the juice you're using. Some people have allergies to PG and reducing the PG or eliminating it completely helps.
    Ditto!!!!
    Susan W. likes this.
    A simple handmaiden for Christ

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have experienced the same thing. I had ordered some juice from china, that was the issue for me. I would give me heartburn, chest tight, and it seems like your taking in air into your stomach. Started getting my juice from stateside vendors and the problem seems to have went away. Also like someone else mentioned, the nic. level could be too high for what your use too. I use the 18 mg usually, but I think 12 - 16 would be better for me. Anyway, welcome aboard, enjoy!
    Amraann likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast