Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I need compatibility knowledge please!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan W. View Post
    I wouldn't start out with a cartomizer as it can be a little difficult to fill. I know they are pretty but I'd go with something like a mini Protank 2, one with a removable drip tip, then get a matching drip tip.

Also, you really need two of everything as she is going to want to vape while one battery is charging. You could also get one of those charms that hang off of a rubber ring to pizzazz it up more.
    I got her two batteries and she's been watch me fill up my Protank II. Do these operate differently?

Blog Entries

I agree with Susan above. Cartotanks are a little more involved with a learning curve than a simple "fill & go" clearomizer. Once she sees what all is involved with setting up a cartotank she's is likely gonna say, "Not for me." Cartotank Setup Guide

There are some very colorful clearomizers that would be easier for her to learn and easier to use and would be compatible with the battery you chose for her.

SMOKaro.jpg Smoktech Aro clearomizers

Innokin iClear 30 clearomizers

Smoktech Pyrex Vivi Nova clearomizers

Vision Vivi Nova clearomizers

Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member
    Supporting Member

See Bad's post. I'm such a klutz when it comes to liquids so priming a cartomizer would be a messy process. I'd rather rebuild coils on Protank heads all day rather than prime a carto. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-dub View Post
    I got her two batteries and she's been watch me fill up my Protank II. Do these operate differently?

Damn Baditude! Thanks for the link and it's content! I hate being a newb. My Protank II is way easier to maintain than that! I guess it's more of an atomizer? Can an atomizer fit in the pretty tanks or does it have to be a carto/clearo?

Super Member Verified Member nova_did_it's Avatar

If you are getting a Triton battery from Halo, I would check their website if the Triton battery can handle a 510 or ego threading. They are pretty proprietary on their threading.. you might need an adapter to use the other tanks listed here.
    Jay-dub likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I am worried.

We don't have the "legendary" Halo brand in the UK, but I always though their stuff was 808 threaded.

Those pretty batteries (if 808) won't work with any old cartomiser and a carto tank.

Best to double check everything.

Blog Entries

Damn Baditude! Thanks for the link and it's content! I hate being a newb. My Protank II is way easier to maintain than that! I guess it's more of an atomizer? Can an atomizer fit in the pretty tanks or does it have to be a carto/clearo?
    Here's a picture dictionary of the more common juice attachments:

Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

An atomizer will NOT work in a cartotank. Only cartomizers will.

Thanks Baditude. So, the Protank is a cartotank. And the tank in the OP is for use with clearomizers?

I put in a support ticket to Halo being since I can't find it on their website. I just asked how compatible it would be with other tanks that I've seen online. We'll see what they say.
    Last edited by Jay-dub; 10-23-2013 at 08:36 PM.

I have the KangerTech Protank II for myself so I guess what I called it's "innards" would be the cartomizer?
    It would be the atomizer head that's in the protank. Not compatible. A cartomizer is a tube with an atomizer buried inside a bunch of filler material that you soak with liquid.
    Last edited by Subdivisions; 10-23-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    Jay-dub likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Grimwald's Avatar

Please be aware that the Triton battery is 808/ego threaded. Some of whats been recommended is 510 threaded and will not work without an adapter. My advise, use the Triton tank or mini tank from Halo to start. There are some other clearos at Smokeless Image that will also fit.
    Jay-dub likes this.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12