$100, that is my budget for a Mod e-cig.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: $100, that is my budget for a Mod e-cig.

Default $100, that is my budget for a Mod e-cig.

I am currently using a normal Volcano inferno ecig, and want to step up my game and enter into the mod and rba scene. Right now I have my eyes set on the Vicious Ant Valkyrie(Hybrid Mod), but I they are currently sold out and are waiting for the next shippment. So as I a patiently waiting I want to get a cheap Mod package to practice my RBA skills. I am looking for a Mechanical(preferred) or VV Mod, with a battery, and RBA for $100.

This is currently what I have come up with.

-Chi You clone, theres a couple options, which would be best? $27.00 Chi-you Style Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - stainless steel / with telescopic pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

-Trident RBA clone Trident Clone - Kidney Puncher

-And, Im not sure which battery.

Please leave any notes or suggestions. Im a noob at this, and really want to get it right the first time.

Also, any reading material or diy would be nice.

Thanks guys,

You friendly cypher,
    Mat

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

if your going to fasttech might as well get the trident there as well, it is half the price of kidneypuncher.

if it were me i would get the new brass nemesis from fasttech or the regular if out of stock the one you mentioned.
    then the trident, the original V5 or yk1(cyclone) and probably one of the genesis attys.

personally i think its better to get a mod and some atty's before a hybrid. as the hybrid is one use only and I found even though I love my attys I dont love vaping the same one 24/7 and its nice to switch things up

I dont know if FT is still having shipping problems with batteries but the panasonic 2900 PD/PF is an excellent battery
    if not there then RTD for the panny 2900 or 2250 hybrid or AW 2000. preetty much the only 3 i use. i run a .7 to 1 ohm range on my mechanicals

as for reading material the APV and RBA subforums.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 10-23-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Ultra Member

The IGO-L is also inexpensive and well reviewed. Good luck, be safe and have fun! Make sure you brush up on battery safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    if your going to fasttech might as well get the trident there as well, it is half the price of kidneypuncher.

if it were me i would get the new brass nemesis from fasttech or the regular if out of stock the one you mentioned.
    then the trident, the original V5 or yk1(cyclone) and probably one of the genesis attys.

personally i think its better to get a mod and some atty's before a hybrid. as the hybrid is one use only and I found even though I love my attys I dont love vaping the same one 24/7 and its nice to switch things up

I dont know if FT is still having shipping problems with batteries but the panasonic 2900 PD/PF is an excellent battery
    if not there then RTD for the panny 2900 or 2250 hybrid or AW 2000. preetty much the only 3 i use. i run a .7 to 1 ohm range on my mechanicals

as for reading material the APV and RBA subforums.
    Thanks for the advice. Whats would you say the pros and cons would be between the chi-you and the nemeisis? Now im looking into that one too. How is the shipping? if free, how long would it take? or is there a option for 2-5 days shipping?

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i dont know what they offer for shipping I usually took the free shipping and just forgot about it , usually around 2 weeks in the past sometimes less. check the fasttech thread in general discussion to see whats up with china shipping these days. I know you cant post there yet but you can still see whats up with FT lately

I dont have any clones so I cannot offer real world comparisons, but from all over the forums people claim the nemi clone is pretty spot on.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Super Member ECF Veteran StarDose's Avatar

I didn't look fully into the chiyou but the nemesis has silver plated contacts and silver being a superconducter made the descision for me this week. Otherwise the smoktech magneto is a nice mech for something to get locally.
    Currently vaping on my nemesis/kfl setup

Good call on the silver plate thing. I think ill go with that. Any battery and charger combo that is fair price?

Full Member ECF Veteran

I have a HiCigar Nemesis clone (VW edition). It's worth every penny. The silver contacts allow for minimal voltage drop. As for the charger I suggest that you go with an "intelligent" one that has automatically stop charging once the battery is full.

Blog Entries

Good choices I'm looking at getting one of those mods as well this week and shipping from the us. The chiyou and nemesis have multiple clones out right now, by different company's - ehpro, hcigar, tobecco maybe. I'm still trying to dicipher what one is the best value. I may go magneto but a little pricier. I would like the 30 -40 range.

Zmax v3, Flash e-vapor v2, Oddy, Rayon, 100vg, DIY, 8mg, Hangsen tobaccos. Rayon thread, VCore Thread, Zmax v3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    Good choices I'm looking at getting one of those mods as well this week and shipping from the us. The chiyou and nemesis have multiple clones out right now, by different company's - ehpro, hcigar, tobecco maybe. I'm still trying to dicipher what one is the best value. I may go magneto but a little pricier. I would like the 30 -40 range.
    What battery / charger are you going with the setup? And what atomizer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast