Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Am I overreacting? Vendor issue....

Ultra Member Verified Member Lois2013's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoolWhip2Go View Post
    I had the same experience with the 2nd vendor as well, however, on my next order, they not only included the "missing" free bottle, they even upped the sizing on one of my other bottles (30ml became 50ml).

I have purchased from them for over a year and am very pleased with the service I've received so far.
    Aww, that's awesome...See, that's good to hear. That's the kind of "above and beyond" I'm talking about.

I hope no one misunderstood...I tried to be as clear as I could be that I wasn't angry or worked up about it, and said that I was happy with everything else, and I realize it was a freebie and not a big deal.... I was more so just kind of disappointed , and thinking it was just off the wall that they'd advertise it regularly, then forget it, and not want to impress a first time buyer by making it right without requiring another purchase. That's all. I totally agree: pricing is amazing, shipping is super warp speed, and so far the flavors are spot on. This wouldn't keep me from ordering again - just wanted to hear some opinions because I was surprised with how it played out.
    DustyZ and ScandaLeX like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

If it truly bothers you, just email them and tell them politely and all, that those terms are not acceptable and you would like the policy to be honored. If they make it right, stick with them. If not, decide how to proceed from there. Chances are they will make it right.

A little late on this one I guess.

I have had bad experiences with ordering from websites too and generally one strike you are out. I have been burned by sellers on Ebay and even had the Post office mis ship my package to the wrong address or lose my package. I havent had good luck with claims against errors and feel its just the gamble you take from ordering on line. Hope it works out for you.

Suspended Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHandBlack View Post
    I have had bad experiences with ordering from websites too and generally one strike you are out. I have been burned by sellers on Ebay and even had the Post office mis ship my package to the wrong address or lose my package. I havent had good luck with claims against errors and feel its just the gamble you take from ordering on line. Hope it works out for you.
    I'm sorry but I think that response has very little to do with the actual situation at hand and has absolutely no merit in regards to what the issue was, which happens to be an item that was a freebee item, not one in which someone was burned.

Senior Member ECF Veteran toughguitar's Avatar

If you like the juice,place another small order with them and remind them of their error and see how they handle it.I'm on the fence about E-liquid vendors that "forget" something with an order or have any discrepancies. I've had a couple of small problems with juice orders, and both times the vendor went above and beyond to make it right. It makes me think that this also could happen while mixing juice. I know mistakes sometimes happen, but most vendors mix when an order is placed and the mixers are human who do this all day every day as quickly as they can to maintain good customer service. That new juice you ordered that tasted funny and nothing like the description, was it suppose to taste like that or did they "forget" something. Something to consider.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I can understand your perspective - but I also understand theirs!
    You DID get what you ordered and paid for, and the free sample is something that WILL cost them if they ship separately. Postage on returns and such has to be a real profit-killer to our best (lower margin) vendors!
    So the response seems like reasonable good business - most people will still be happy with the product, re-order, and then be happier when they DO get the freebie...
    Like I said - I get that you were led to expect it, and let down - but under those circumstances, I wouldn't keep it from giving a vendor another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois2013 View Post
    I didn't mean to imply I wouldn't order again at all...this company was very very quick to ship, their prices are great, and so far the juices taste great with no steep time yet.

Like I said....just irked me a little and I wanted to get others' thoughts.
    mcol and DustyZ like this.

Grand Vizier of Vape Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Greetings; I like this thread, there are lots of good perspectives being shared. I can relate to the reluctance about the 2nd store -- i'm not sure i'd want to place a 2nd order if there is no willingness to make good on the mistake, although at least you are getting some positive attention to your heads-up messages.

My first vaping experience was when I bought a Joyetech starter kit at a retail location in Toronto. I went back one day later to complain about significant leaking -- entire tank fulls of e-liquid would empty out in minutes, and I think I drank more liquid than I vaped with this kit.

The store insisted that the kit didn't leak, I was filling it improperly and using it wrong, etc. etc., so I went home and continued to try to vape with it. A week later, when I was 100% convinced that the kit was defective, I went back to the store. Getting even the clearo top replaced was like pulling teeth from an implant wearer. I've since bought a different E-Cig kit, needless to say not from the same vendor.

The experience reminds me of when the computer store boom started in the 90s. Lots of places took a similar attitude, and basically maintained a 'no returns' policy. The shops that are still around and thriving today tend to be the ones with a much friendlier customer satisfaction attitude. No doubt they lose money to unscrupulous people, but I believe that is outweighed at the end of the day by loyal, repeat buyers.

Regards
    Glenn

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

Unregistered Supplier

Depending on the issues when I shop somewhere online, if they make a mistake once and fix it with great customer service, I'm likely to shop with them again. If they try to blow me off or say it's my fault for their mistake, that's the first and only time I shop with them. Luckily I've had really good luck with the online vendors dealing with all things vaping so far. If only shipping from overseas could be quicker..... haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123