Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Noob never vaped, just orderd kit. Great info here!

Default Noob never vaped, just orderd kit. Great info here!

Getting off of analogs and just ordered my kit yesterday. Got two Vision Spinner VV and two Pro Tank 2's. Also picked up 5 extra coils.

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/e-cig...e-starter-kit/

I hope I made a good decision as, honestly, I really don't know much about vaping yet. It seems like you 'need' a good amount of cartridges/clearomizers if you're going to use a few different eliquids. One question I have is that it seems that it's a good idea to use one tank per flavor. If you use one flavor (mostly tobacco eliquids to start, maybe some minor mixing) in a tank, when it's empty, can you refill with another flavor without affecting the taste? Seems like it would be best to have one tank per flavor. I guess it's a learn as you go type deal with e-cigs, but just don't want to foolishly spend money on equipment I don't need, especially at the start.

Any other advice? I hope the Pro tank 2's are easy to fill. I saw needle nose bottles that seem to make filling easier. If I want smaller cartridges/clearomizeres to vape some mixtures I mix what would you recommend? Anything else I might need to make things easier/better?

Lastly, this is a great place! Good info even though there's a lot of different equipment which becomes a bit confusing.
    Last edited by ChivasRx; 10-24-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    madqatter likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I use hot water to wash mine out and it seams to work fine. The one thing I noticed in your order is you didnt order extra battereis. The last thing you want is a nice set up that doesnt have a charge. I keep 2 extra batteries on me at all times.

Welcome to ECF and good luck with your new set up

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Morning and welcome to ecf. You sound like you know what you need. I do one flavor per tank. For me, the flavor starts to come out on the 2nd fill of the protank or if I let it set for awhile before vaping. I think the wicks need to get fully saturated first. You don't need a blunt needle to fill the protank, just carefully tilt the tank and slowly put the eliquid in. Push a little in at a time. Your objective is to not get the eliquid in the center stem(air hole) but if you do, just take a tissue,(after fulling and putting the base back on) and hold it to the battery end(where it screws onto the battery) and gently blow thru the mouth piece. If any liquid is in there it lands on the tissue. Wipe it all clean with the rest of the tissue and you are good to go.

Atties and dripping are good for taste testing. Easy to clean and you don't waste a tank if you don't like the flavor. Always rinse all new toppers before using(sometimes they have a left-over of shipping fluid on them and it is nasty, lol)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Super Member Verified Member flowerpots's Avatar

Welcome to ECF and congratulations on getting off analogs! I think you made a great first purchase and you should have enough there to get you started.

I have a Vision Spinner that has been a trooper - I've had it a few months and it's still holding power and going strong. Pro Tanks are good, and the extra coils were a great thought for later use. Filling the tanks is easy and you will get a card in the Pro Tank box that explains how to change the coil and fill the tank. The main thing to keep in mind is not get liquid in the center chamber. If you do, it's not a critical error, you will just get some liquid in your mouth and probably hear gurgling sounds.

Depending on how many flavors of liquid you want to use each day, you may want to buy a few more tops. I usually have anywhere from 8-12. But, that's probably on the high end compared to most. You can pick up clearomizers, atomizers, cartomizers on sale and some vendors ship for free, so that helps. Being conservative with purchases at first is a smart way to go, I think, because you need to get started to see if you want the same thing or something different for the next purchase. And, you will likely spend a lot later, most do. The smaller tops you can choose from are CE4's, which seem to be popular:

http://www.vaporbeast.com/Kanger-eGo...4-0145-000.htm

Or, you can try these:

http://www.vaporbeast.com/Kanger-T3S...4-0196-000.htm

And many people like these:

http://www.vaporbeast.com/Kanger-Evo...4-0213-000.htm

These are another option:

http://www.vaporbeast.com/Vivi-Nova-...9-0179-013.htm

This is a newer top that people seem to like as well:

http://www.vaporbeast.com/Innokin-iC...m?1=1&CartID=0

I just chose this vendor because they offer free shipping and to give you links to see what's out there. There are many vendors that sell these tops.

The next step will be ordering juices or liquids to put in your tops. Many vendors offer sampler packs and this is a good place to start to see what flavors you like and don't like.

Good luck to you and congrats again
    TheOnlyCindy likes this.
    I intend to live forever. So far, So good. - Steven Wright

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

Welcome to the vaping community and best of luck to you! Sounds like you got a decent setup to start! As far as flavors, you definitely can reuse the protank for different flavors that are similar. The main difference is when you start using menthol juices or cinnamon, or flavors that are real hard to get rid of. But I tend to use vanillas, and then sometimes danish, and they go decent together if slightly mixed up so no worries for me. Two tanks seems decent enough to start with. Later I am sure you will eventually try out new things to add to your collection anyways. We all seem to want to try everything we hear about just to make sure we aren't missing anything and to chase that ultimate vape! lol. That's normal when you first start vaping. Eventually you will settle down on what works for you but until then, it's so much fun to get vape mail and try different stuff. I would mainly recommend getting small samples of various juices from various vendors because finding a flavor you love is critical to being successful and it's not always that easy to find at first. You may read some juice descriptions and think for sure you would love them and be tempted to save money by buying a bigger bottle, but I recommend you don't do it until you know what it tastes like. Otherwise you will end up like alot of the rest of us that wasted money on juice.
    Check out our Vape Meets for South Florida at www.southfloridavapers.com

Senior Member Verified Member robo74's Avatar

Hang around here enough and you will learn everything and spend all the money you have.

Seriously though, this is a great place to learn.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Hi and welcome to ECF. I also own the Spinner and really like it.
    Any other advice? I hope the Pro tank 2's are easy to fill. I saw needle nose bottles that seem to make filling easier. If I want smaller cartridges/clearomizeres to vape some mixtures I mix what would you recommend? Anything else I might need to make things easier/better?
    Tried the ProTank and wasn't my cup of tea. I prefer top coil clearos. You may want to purchase a 510 atomizer to test juices. Easy to clean in case new juice is "yucky".
    Atomizer/ Atty- an element in a metal tube with no stuffing or wicks on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like the perfect set up for a beginner or anyone. Looks like you have even thought about back ups. Excellent. Now, the hard part is getting juice that you will love. That will be a bit of a journey....but when you get that one down pat, its all good from there
    Keep Calm and Vape On !

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

You may also find out that flavors are tastier than alot of tobaccos. I would probably be safe in guessing most of us strated with tobacco flavors and ended up loving flavors instead. Some love fruits, some deserts, some vanillas or cinnamons, etc Don't be surprised if you end up loving a flavor you had no clue you would like. In fact, I highly recommend you buy a few different ones to try out in all categories.
    madqatter likes this.
    Check out our Vape Meets for South Florida at www.southfloridavapers.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChivasRx View Post
    Got two Vision Spinner VV and two Pro Tank 2's. Also picked up 5 extra coils.
    Excellent choice, imo. Not everyone enjoys bottom coil clearomizers like I do, but it's a good start regardless whether it ends up being your top preference.

One question I have is that it seems that it's a good idea to use one tank per flavor.
    I just rinse mine with hot water and dry them with paper towel.

I hope the Pro tank 2's are easy to fill.
    I think so. The only difficulty I have isn't with the tanks but with some difficult-to-squeeze dropper bottles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast