Hello all.............. - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Hello all..............

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Talyon View Post
    Welcome to ECF mate. A good starter kit should be about 50 bucks. EVOD kit or a spinner etc.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Wow, that Kanger Evod Starter Kit sure does look nice, would you recommend it over the KGO Kit? It sure has a attractive price!!!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My recommendation would be to get a Vamo. With your budget of 100.00 you'd be able to get it, batteries, charger, and juice.

Earlier I said that the kit you're looking at wouldn't be my first choice. My concern is that you'll outgrow it - quick. Then you'll be looking at getting something nicer. The vamo is an inexpensive and highly versatile mod that you won't outgrow as fast. With the vamo you get:

Variable Voltage
    Variable Wattage
    Ohms checker
    Ability to switch from 18350 to 18650 batteries

This will allow you to switch configurations at will and give you the versatility to use just about any battery, carto, tank, etc. that you want.

For the tank, I'd go with either an iclear 16, iclear 30, or protank 2.

Right this second, I'd say do a little more research on all this advice you're getting. If you're interested in the vamo, go to youtube and check out pbusardo's review of it.

Finally, someone mentioned about top coil vs. bottom coil. I use both interchangeably and have no wicking issues with the top coil. I use the iclears and don't have to worry about a dry/burnt hit.
    Last edited by Bubba; 10-26-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: added stuff
    dreamreaper likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreamreaper View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!

Wow, that Kanger Evod Starter Kit sure does look nice, would you recommend it over the KGO Kit? It sure has a attractive price!!!
    Well, to me it looks nicer. The only real difference I saw was these were 1100mah compared to your orig 1300mah. Which only means that your orig should vape about 2 hrs longer before needing charged. both would last all day before needing charged. Oh, and the price was a little better too. Ask the Mrs. what she thinks.

If I were going to get a starter kit for myself or a family member, this is what I would personally get:
    Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV

I love the Mini Protanks. They're glass, so there's no need to worry about tank-cracking juices (juices that crack or melt plastic). I personally like bottom coil clearomizers, and I think these are very simple for beginners to understand and care for.

The batteries, though only 650mAh (depending on your style, they last 5-6 hours before needing a recharge), are variable voltage, meaning you can dial in your own vaping experience to some extent.

Sample review of Kanger clearos:

If I were new to vaping, but knowing what I know now, I might also skip eGo-style batteries and go straight to something like the iTaste MVP2. The self-contained battery life is great and it's variable voltage or variable wattage. At a great price like $40, I'd go ahead and get two plus a couple of Kanger clearomizers (Mini Protanks or Protanks). It would cost more than $100 with juice, but it'd be a setup that would last for years.

Sample review of the MVP2.
    dreamreaper likes this.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

It should work with no issues, however, I would personally go with a Kanger ProTank instead of the Vision Mega Nova Tank.
    I personally am using an Ego-C Twist with a Kanger Protank 2.

I think it is always beneficial to have a Pyrex tank, instead of the Polycarbonate Tanks. This opinion is based on my experience with citrus flavors and tanks that have cracked or become clouded.

ECF Veteran

I see a lot of people recommend a couple batteries. Is there really a need for this at the start or am I over looking something? I mean if a battery lasts all day is the 2nd battery something that could be skipped at first?

Thanks for all the information, I guess I wont be buying tomorrow. I am going to take a day or 2 to digest all this and figure out what I want based off all this new information.

I guess I should have joined up here earlier and posted. I really didnt think there was this much different stuff out there or configurations from just searching around on my own.

Thanks again for all the information!!
    Sugar_and_Spice likes this.

I started with a $25.00 starter kit. From there, I added a 1000 maH battery, and finally added a PRotank 2 and an Ego-C Twist. That's where I am now after 2 months.

I am currently looking at other options, but don't quite know where I want to go.

Hope this helps a bit. This forum is awesomely friendly and most vapers that you meet will be just as friendly.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I see a lot of people recommend a couple batteries. Is there really a need for this at the start or am I over looking something? I mean if a battery lasts all day is the 2nd battery something that could be skipped at first?
    Having 2 batteries allows you to vape one while charging the other. It technically could be skipped, but you'd be without vape while it charged.

Do yourself a favor and get 2 - trust me
    madqatter and dreamreaper like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lperryii View Post
    I started with a $25.00 starter kit. From there, I added a 1000 maH battery, and finally added a PRotank 2 and an Ego-C Twist. That's where I am now after 2 months.

I am currently looking at other options, but don't quite know where I want to go.

Hope this helps a bit. This forum is awesomely friendly and most vapers that you meet will be just as friendly.
    Thanks a lot. Its much appreciated. What you done is what I am trying to avoid doing. I am wanting to get something to start with that isnt going to make me wish I would have got something just a little better and end up buying more stuff. I know that time will come eventually as its inevitable with me. I would like to be able to have a few months of peace with what I get before I start looking at other things or second guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Having 2 batteries allows you to vape one while charging the other. It technically could be skipped, but you'd be without vape while it charged.

Do yourself a favor and get 2 - trust me
    Thanks Bubba that makes sense. I guess I wasnt thinking right in that battery would last all day and then you just charge it at night while sleeping.

If you are or have recently been a smoker, I would strongly recommend having at least one backup for everything. You will probably feel tempted to smoke occasionally. One of the ways many of us overcome this temptation is by making it easier to vape than to smoke: always having a vaporizer at hand and keeping any cigarettes (if we have any at all) in a much less convenient place (freezer, trunk of the car, whatever). Having only one functioning battery can become a problem, not only if it is charging but if it gets lost, broken, etc.

I guess I wasnt thinking right in that battery would last all day and then you just charge it at night while sleeping.
    I know there probably are people who charge their batteries while sleeping but, personally, I wouldn't charge mine unattended.
    dreamreaper likes this.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast