Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What do you use for tasting and sampling

*Kingsguard* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

[QUOTE=Vapoor eyes er;11096865]Most use a 510 atomizer:
    Atomizer/ Atty- an element in a metal tube with no wick or stuffing on to which 2- 3 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean.

Wait I thought Atomizers had wicks, Every time I think I figure this out I get more confused
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

2. Advertisement
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHighlights View Post
    Here's a good blog about dripping. It's the one that got me started. I use an atty to taste new flavors too.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-dripping.html
    Awesome that definitely helps! Sometimes it's hard to find a good answer by searching here on ECF. It's a terrific resource but I find I have to weed through alot to find just what i'm looking for, even with advanced search.

Thanks!
    FringeChief68 likes this.

4. Advertisement
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

[QUOTE=Masterchief68;11098696]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapoor eyes er View Post
    Most use a 510 atomizer:
    Atomizer/ Atty- an element in a metal tube with no wick or stuffing on to which 2- 3 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean.

Wait I thought Atomizers had wicks, Every time I think I figure this out I get more confused
    It is very confusing, even more so when websites that sell them don't show good pictures of the inside. For tasting, I use 510T attys. They have wick through a little spike in the middle. It's not a very popular atty because it does have wick, maybe the only one? Not sure about that. But I use it because of that. Most of the devices I use, evods, T3's, etc., also have wick and I want it to taste the same testing as filling up. These type https://www.fasttech.com/products/1325010 look like this inside

I don't use the liquid holder for testing, I just drip some. Other 510 attys use what looks like metal mesh, some are bridgeless...many different kinds. I'm still confused about some of them. lol
    Quit- 12/12/12

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by athousandyears View Post
    Does anyone use these?
    Nano Clearomizer - 510 Thread - AltSmoke

I've been thinking of ordering some to taste juices since they are only 1 ml.
    I had thought the same thing at one point, but when I got them I found out that, since they are so narrow and don't come apart at the bottom, it's really hard to get all of the previous flavor washed out completely. They aren't a bad little clearo, but they aren't great for testing multiple juices.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterchief68 View Post
    Vapoor eyes er;Most use a 510 atomizer:

Sorry. To be more specific there are two types:
    Bridged- have a metal bridge/ wick over the element and this bridge is used to hold the juice. Many remove this bridge as it gets clogged with juice gunk very easily.
    Bridge Less- only an element.

RN4081-Atomizer-Cross-Section.jpg

Bridge Less
    vision-bridgeless-atomizer-stainless_wm.jpg

Bridged
    Bridged.jpg

Last edited by Vapoor eyes er; 10-26-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I've got a crap-ton of cleaned Blu cartos tucked away (back from when the wife was using Blu) and I find them perfect for testing out samples.
    After many years online, there is one thing that I have learned. ​"Internet is gonna Internet"

VFL Veteran Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flames11112 View Post
    I use a igo-l with a micro coil and organic cotton for tasting. Just need to pull your cotton do a quick dry burn. Reload a new cotton and your off and running again
    I use the IGO as well and with pretty much the same setup, although if I have a bunch of new test batches to run, I'll switch the cotton out for silica.

I go with your standard drip tank. Cotton ball strips for new wicks. I can try about 3 flavors in 20 min this way. Of course giving time to evaluate the flavor.

I Use a dripping atomizer. Got it from a local vendor you can really tell the difference in taste from a regular tank. Just remember to spot the signs when your low on liquid.
    Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12