Power Delusion - Ego Twist vs. iTaste MVP - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Power Delusion - Ego Twist vs. iTaste MVP

Senior Member ECF Veteran vincentk18's Avatar

I'm digging everyone's positive feedback of the MVP. I just ordered the V2, and I'm upgrading from an x6 so I'm hoping it's as great as you all say ^_^. Jwraps also has some awesome skins for it.
    RubyRoo and madqatter like this.

Ive had my MVP for 48 hours now, TOTALLY DO NOT REGRET buying it! If anything I wish I have only bought this as my starter device and not the other two batteries I bought!

The only complaint that I do have with it, and its minor, is the button at the base for activating the usb charge port protrudes out and makes the MVP wobbly when setting it on a table. I fear that over time the button will get worn or pushed into the case. I usually lay it down on the side that has no buttons.

Other than that, I love it. Long battery life, checks ohms, puff counter and can use either VV or VW. Its a win all round for the price.
    vincentk18 likes this.

Just bought an mvp and this thing is a beast! Love the iclear 30 also, i can finally use dark juices again. I think im done purchasing for a while after this mvp. Its such a nice consistent power source loaded with features. I cant wait to spend the rest of my day vaping this thing!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    vincentk18 likes this.

Blog Entries

I have frequently recommended both versions of the MVP to novices looking to step up from cigalikes or eGo batteries.

It has all the features desired for a great all-around mod: relatively compact and pocket-friendly, variable voltage, extremely long battery life between charges, pass through ability, multiple options in juice attachments accepting both eGo and 510 connectors, durable build quality, & a very reasonable price.

If there were such awards, the MVP deserves Mod of the Year status.

I was torn between the MVP and the SVD, ended up getting the SVD. it's on the way now, but I'll still be ordering a MVP next month, because it just makes sense that it would be the perfect fall back device.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lovinthevapor View Post
    this.
    For the $$$, the mvp is one of the best devices on the market for a clean, consistent vape
    ^^^^^^^^^^ this
    vincentk18 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by memoriafuturi View Post
    So theoretically they should be the same, but it's more a case of the different batteries having different voltage drop characteristics. And is it larger (or better quality?) batteries suffer less from voltage drop?
    As the ladies usually say, bigger is better.

The answer is yes to both "larger" and "better quality". I can't recall exactly, but the eGo Twist's default voltage is more like 3.4 or 3.5 volts, as most eGo batteries are. The typical replaceable rechargeable battery cells used in mods come off the charger at 4.2 volts.

It could be RMS or mean

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSix View Post
    The only complaint that I do have with it, and its minor, is the button at the base for activating the usb charge port protrudes out and makes the MVP wobbly when setting it on a table. I fear that over time the button will get worn or pushed into the case. I usually lay it down on the side that has no buttons.
    Yes, this annoyed me too but I fixed the problem by masking off the bottom around the switch with some durable tape, and ground down the switch with a small grinding wheel with my Dremmel. Only attempt this if you are good with a Dremmel of course. I've also heard that you can use a fine file as well. Good luck!

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The voltage setting is probably off on one device or the other.
    Or it could be the placebo effect due to the persistent promotion of the MVP2 which the twist lacks

Quote Originally Posted by jefsview View Post
    Amperage. The larger the battery, the more amps used.
    This is a common mistake.
    The Amperage is determined by voltage and resistance, not battery size. (assuming you don't exceed the batteries current capability of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Ego batteries will have a far greater drop in voltage while you are firing the power button than a larger higher amp-in-reserve battery like the MVP. The MVP also regulates its voltage to the juice attachment more efficiently.
    Source please.
    I can crank up my joye twist to 4.8 Volts with a 1.8 ohm load.
    This pulls 2.67 Amps which is under the 3A limit I found here ->Amp limit on the Ego twist?l
    This makes it use 12.8 Watts which exceeds the MVP2's stated max power of 11 watts.->iTaste MVP V2.0, Long-Lasting 2600 mAh Variable Voltage VV Box Mod - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin
    Even the $28 vamo V2 can go up to 6V and has a 5A max current

I really don't get buying a disposable device. The panisonic NCR18650PD 2900 mAh rechargeable battery commonly used in devices like the SVD,Vamo,SID,eVic, ect has a greater capacity than the MVP2 and can be bought for about $12.
    So basically the MVP comes with $12 worth of battery and when the battery wears out you throw it away. I think that's why it's being marketed so heavily. Battery sales don't help the device manufacturer.
    Last edited by DKP#; 10-26-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast