Power Delusion - Ego Twist vs. iTaste MVP - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Power Delusion - Ego Twist vs. iTaste MVP

the mvp IS one of the best bang for your buck mods out there. just hope you don't have to take it apart. it's a real pain putting it back together.

PV Master Verified Member Ladiekali's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DKP# View Post
    The voltage setting is probably off on one device or the other.
    Or it could be the placebo effect due to the persistent promotion of the MVP2 which the twist lacks

This is a common mistake.
    The Amperage is determined by voltage and resistance, not battery size. (assuming you don't exceed the batteries current capability of course)

Source please.
    I can crank up my joye twist to 4.8 Volts with a 1.8 ohm load.
    This pulls 2.67 Amps which is under the 3A limit I found here ->Amp limit on the Ego twist?l
    This makes it use 12.8 Watts which exceeds the MVP2's stated max power of 11 watts.->iTaste MVP V2.0, Long-Lasting 2600 mAh Variable Voltage VV Box Mod - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin
    Even the $28 vamo V2 can go up to 6V and has a 5A max current

I really don't get buying a disposable device. The panisonic NCR18650PD 2900 mAh rechargeable battery commonly used in devices like the SVD,Vamo,SID,eVic, ect has a greater capacity than the MVP2 and can be bought for about $12.
    So basically the MVP comes with $12 worth of battery and when the battery wears out you throw it away. I think that's why it's being marketed so heavily. Battery sales don't help the device manufacturer.
    I see this a lot, maybe yall dont realize how cheap itaste vv3 and mvp2 are, my vv3 was $25 and the mvp2 is running $40 if you look around.

And by god they look soooooo much nicer than the the other batteries you mentioned.
    And you know im not hurting that much for money.

If i had to buy them both every year id be fine with that.

PV Master Verified Member Ladiekali's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by X P3 Flight Engineer View Post
    While everyone is here; can anyone explain why the MVP 2 and iTaste 3 have a bottom end watt limit of 6.
    It's obvious that you can switch to voltage mode and accomplish less than 6 watts (ie. 2.4 ohms @ 3.3 volts = 4.5 watts).
    I often use less than 6 watts for light flavoured juice like watermelon.

Just wondering.
    I notice that when using the vv3 i like 6 watts on my fruits and everything else at 6.5 bit on my spinner i vape at 3.4 to 3.7 volts.

I can tell you that for whatever reason i cant understand yet, it all tastes better when using wattage.

When i first got the vv3 i was using volts cuz thats what i knew.

Well as soon as instarted using wattage i necer went back to volts

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DKP# View Post
    Source please.
    I can crank up my joye twist to 4.8 Volts with a 1.8 ohm load.
    This pulls 2.67 Amps which is under the 3A limit I found here ->Amp limit on the Ego twist?l
    This makes it use 12.8 Watts which exceeds the MVP2's stated max power of 11 watts.->iTaste MVP V2.0, Long-Lasting 2600 mAh Variable Voltage VV Box Mod - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin
    Even the $28 vamo V2 can go up to 6V and has a 5A max current
    According to Innokin, both the iTaste VV 3.0 and MVP 2.0 have a 3.5 amp maximum current. This means that with a low enough resistance coil, they can produce a maximum of 17.5 watts in variable-voltage mode.
    Kemosabe likes this.
    | EHPro Cronus clone | Titanium Blue iTaste MVP 2.0 | Black iTaste VV 3.0 |
    | Nimbus RDA clone | IGO-W RDA | IGO-L RDA | Smok Scar RDA | 2xiClear 16 | 3xKanger Evod|
    | Vapor Chef | Suicide Bunny | DBLiquids | Standard Vape | Five Pawns | Good Guy Vapes |

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Ego batteries will have a far greater drop in voltage while you are firing the power button than a larger higher amp-in-reserve battery like the MVP. The MVP also regulates its voltage to the juice attachment more efficiently.
    This. Although the pulse modulation in the MVP's and the Innokin/Sigelli V family get's bad press from the high end folks, it a big step up from ego style batteries (not that I'm saying they're bad).

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaddox View Post
    This. Although the pulse modulation in the MVP's and the Innokin/Sigelli V family get's bad press from the high end folks, it a big step up from ego style batteries (not that I'm saying they're bad).
    The Innokin iTaste MVP's, VV's, etc. have a constant voltage output, not the square wave duty cycle typical of most other APV's.
    K_Tech likes this.
    | EHPro Cronus clone | Titanium Blue iTaste MVP 2.0 | Black iTaste VV 3.0 |
    | Nimbus RDA clone | IGO-W RDA | IGO-L RDA | Smok Scar RDA | 2xiClear 16 | 3xKanger Evod|
    | Vapor Chef | Suicide Bunny | DBLiquids | Standard Vape | Five Pawns | Good Guy Vapes |

I agree with the fact that the MVP is the best thing going for the money.
    K_Tech likes this.

Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Too Hot View Post
    I agree with the fact that the MVP is the best thing going for the money.
    It really is hard to beat for the price - and I think it does just as well as (if not better than) some higher-priced Chinese mods.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345