Power Delusion - Ego Twist vs. iTaste MVP
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Power Delusion - Ego Twist vs. iTaste MVP

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Default Power Delusion - Ego Twist vs. iTaste MVP

    I've been reading up on the forum about variable voltage/wattage etc. and found the BiffRocko posts very helpful. So feel that I understand that it's all about the watts achieved and that the voltage and coil resistance just interact to achieve this.

    So, I've been testing the same tank on my ego twist and iTaste MVP at the same voltage setting. It seems to taste better on the iTaste. Now I'm guessing this is just in my head, but was curious!

    So, other than the battery not lasting as long on the ego twist, should I experience any performance differences when I set the same voltage and use the same tank on these different devices?

    Thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    W England
    Posts
    4,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by memoriafuturi View Post
    So, other than the battery not lasting as long on the ego twist, should I experience any performance differences when I set the same voltage and use the same tank on these different devices?
    No, no difference. However, very few devices (especially twist type batteries) are going to be 100% accurate. Could explain things. ??
    Fulgurant likes this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djsvapour View Post
    No, no difference. However, very few devices (especially twist type batteries) are going to be 100% accurate. Could explain things. ??
    Thanks - This is what I thought must be happening. But there's so many stories out there and advice about this topic I thought I might check!

  4. #4
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I just got a MVP and have experienced the same thing coming from a x6 and ego. it may be the volts. But that's just a guess.

  5. #5
    PV Master ECF Veteran jefsview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Beecher, IL, USA
    Posts
    8,276

    Default

    Amperage. The larger the battery, the more amps used.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Satellite Beach, FL
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jefsview View Post
    Amperage. The larger the battery, the more amps used.
    Nope....... Amp draw is a factor of voltage setting and resistance of the coil. You can't argue Ohm's Law....

  7. #7
    ECF Guru ECF Veteran Baditude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    18,933
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Ego batteries will have a far greater drop in voltage while you are firing the power button than a larger higher amp-in-reserve battery like the MVP. The MVP also regulates its voltage to the juice attachment more efficiently.

  8. #8
    PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,286
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    I've noticed a difference between my Vision Spinner and MVP 2....the MVP 2 is a more consistent vape.

    Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DetraMental View Post
    I've noticed a difference between my Vision Spinner and MVP 2....the MVP 2 is a more consistent vape.
    Interesting. So theoretically they should be the same, but it's more a case of the different batteries having different voltage drop characteristics. And is it larger (or better quality?) batteries suffer less from voltage drop?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    LovinTheVapor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Ego batteries will have a far greater drop in voltage while you are firing the power button than a larger higher amp-in-reserve battery like the MVP. The MVP also regulates its voltage to the juice attachment more efficiently.
    This.
    For the $$$, the MVP is one of the best devices on the market for a clean, consistent vape

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks