How long do most people steep their juices?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How long do most people steep their juices?

Full Member Verified Member

Default How long do most people steep their juices?

I see where several juice chefs suggest stepping their juices to achieve the best experience. So... being new to "big boy pants" vaping, how long do most juices need to steep?

Its going to be different from juice to juice and higher VG will require a longer time.
    I allow a week minimum for 33% pg, with a heavy shaking every night.
    Sometimes you can tell when a juice is completely steeped when it has "darkened" but not all juices do this, especially ones with coloring.

Cool, thank you for the info. I guess it'll be more of a learning experience with each juice. Thanks again!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Lombaowski's Avatar

You can vape 100% right out of the mail. The more complex flavors and the tobaccos need steeping depending on the % of vg v pg, and also depending on the vendor. I usually let tobaccos steep 2-3 weeks, complex juices that don't have tobacco for about 7-10 days. I usually drip them all after leaving the cap off for 24-48 hours, just to see what they are like. Then after the steeping time I think they need, drip again. Some juices seem to get better with even more than two weeks, Boba's Bounty and HHV Heavenly Tobacco are two such juices IMO.
    ardvaark, Talyon and madqatter like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Lombaowski View Post
    You can vape 100% right out of the mail. The more complex flavors and the tobaccos need steeping depending on the % of vg v pg, and also depending on the vendor. I usually let tobaccos steep 2-3 weeks, complex juices that don't have tobacco for about 7-10 days. I usually drip them all after leaving the cap off for 24-48 hours, just to see what they are like. Then after the steeping time I think they need, drip again. Some juices seem to get better with even more than two weeks, Boba's Bounty and HHV Heavenly Tobacco are two such juices IMO.
    +1 ^

I have myself been discovering the benefits of steeping. I thought it was a bunch of hogwash at first until I started doing it and seeing the benefits first hand.
    Like was already mentioned, some juices require more time than others and then also some juices change a lot while others take on only a subtle change. Whatever the case though, the results are almost always VERY positive. I've never myself seen a juice get worse over time.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Peter

Thanks for the info! I just ordered 5 samples from Vapor Chef and figured it would take 3-4 weeks to even try them, then another 3-4 weeks when I ordered any that I like! All are fruity-flavored and 70/30 PG/VG, so since they lack tobacco, I may be able to cut the frustrating wait-time down to a week or two? I have plenty of cola, french vanilla, and belgian waffle to hold me over until then; I'm just not very patient.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

To make it easier for my favorite flavors I reorder them a few weeks before I'm going to need them. This way I am not waiting for my favorites to steep.... They will be ready when I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Anthony View Post
    To make it easier for my favorite flavors I reorder them a few weeks before I'm going to need them. This way I am not waiting for my favorites to steep.... They will be ready when I need them.
    I plan on doing just that... my problem is I'm so new to true vaping and am just now starting to build up my pantry of favorite flavors. I'm ordering lots of sample sizes find the right ones for me and wife; I'd just do myself (and the juice) an injustice if I rejected a flavor just because it hadn't fully developed enough to taste it's best.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I usually let mine steep about 5 minutes, takes about that long to drive home from the store. There a couple pretty good sized potholes on the way to shakem up a little too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jwaterski View Post
    I usually let mine steep about 5 minutes ...
    LOL! I have the feeling I may end up being a 5 minute steeper as well. At least until I build up my collection of juices.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast