Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Unsure about what type of cartridge/clearomizer to use

Default Unsure about what type of cartridge/clearomizer to use

I have a 900mAh 3.7v battery that I bought from volcano ecigs. It's called the inferno. I hate their cartridges and clearomizers. I have been looking to by a different brand of clearomizers. When researching I came across 510E's, F16's, CE4's and I'm so lost as to what I need. I know that I need something that's 1.5 - 2.0 ohms. But that's all I really know. I'm sorta new to all this and really trying to understand all the different names for batteries and brands and abbreviations. Please help to inform me on what I need exactly. Thank you
    Last edited by Hancawk; 10-27-2013 at 09:58 AM.

I highly recommend either Kanger Evods or Kanger Mini Protanks. Both are bottom coil clearomizers and very easy to understand and use. The Evods will be less expensive, but the Protanks (because they're glass rather than plastic) will be less vulnerable to "tank-cracker" juices such as cinnamon, wintergreen, clove, and citrus. DiscountVapers.com is a good source, but there are many others as well.
    Katya likes this.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

Full Member ECF Veteran

Evods or mini Protank are indeed in my experience good choices. Another possibility is a vivi nova which is a top coil clearomizer that is easy to use.
    All three choices have replaceable heating coil heads which work reasonably well.
    madqatter likes this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Any eGo-threaded clearomizer or cartomizer will work with your battery. Most of them come with replaceable coils of different resistances. I wouldn't use 1.5Ω coils with your batteries, frankly. 1.8-2.2Ω is a good range for 3.7v batteries. Never herad of 510 Es--unless you mean the CE series--I don't recommend them (CE4 is part of that line). F16? Do you mean a Boge F16 carto tank? If so, I recommend an F15 boge carto tank because it's the same diameter as your battery.

I like the Kanger BCC line a lot--try a T3S, baby T3, eVod or ProTank mini (as Mad suggested above). If you want to try a top coil, the Kanger T2 is very nice--for a top coil.

Good luck!

Thank you all!! This was very helpful

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Won't recommend anything but just a pic. Your PV may accept either 510 or eGo threaded accessories.

ego2e.jpg
    Last edited by Vapoor eyes er; 10-27-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    madqatter likes this.

Yup mines definitely 510. Thank you for that clarification!!

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have tried a few and prefer either iclear16 (easy to use and you can buy replacement coils) which last a long time or authentic evods

I'm going to have to buy an adapter for the kanger evod since it uses external threads and mine is only 510. I think that's what I'm going to do. Good reviews on the kanger evod

T3 is a good one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast