Itaste SVD - Only with Tanks?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Itaste SVD - Only with Tanks?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    9

    Question Itaste SVD - Only with Tanks?

    Hi all!

    New here. Have an e-go smok and kanger protank II right now. I want to switch to a mod. I'm tired of gurgling, dripping, and being in "vape hell" too often. I just want to enjoy my vape. So it seems time to switch to a mod!

    I'm looking at ordering the Innokin Itaste SVD. I want a mod that I can just drip into, and not use a tank, because tanks have just been a headache for me (and yes, I've tried everything!)

    Can I drip into the SVD, or is it only to be used with a tank? I'm looking all over and can't find the simple answer.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Chas F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Yes you can. I'm using and SVD and IGO-L, both of which I purchased yesterday. I'm lovin' it!

    edit: I think there is a Jvapes in prescot, that's where I got my setup from.
    "The sexiest part of a woman is between her ears and the prettiest thing she can wear is a smile".



  3. #3
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Yes, the SVD is a really good all-around mod. I personally use a tank.

    Side question, when you vape, what wattage/voltage are you vaping at? Maybe you are not vaping at a high enough W/V for the juice to vaporize and that is why you are getting the flooding. I was doing the same thing until someone showed me.

  4. #4
    Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    State O' Flux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hell... the nice part
    Posts
    4,139
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deimos319 View Post
    Hi all!

    New here. Have an e-go smok and kanger protank II right now. I want to switch to a mod. I'm tired of gurgling, dripping, and being in "vape hell" too often. I just want to enjoy my vape. So it seems time to switch to a mod!

    I'm looking at ordering the Innokin Itaste SVD. I want a mod that I can just drip into, and not use a tank, because tanks have just been a headache for me (and yes, I've tried everything!)

    Can I drip into the SVD, or is it only to be used with a tank? I'm looking all over and can't find the simple answer.

    Thanks!
    The SVD, like most all VV-VW APVs, will not fire below X resistance... most Innokin APVs start having issues at 1.0Ω - give or take a tenth or two.
    So... as long as you keep your dripper resistance above that... say a nice easy 1.5Ω or better, you're good to go. If you want to play with RDAs and sub-ohm, you'll want an unregulated mech mod.

  5. #5
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    HughDaHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Swartz Creek, MI
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Any mod or ego is really just a power source, it doesn't really care what kind of delivery device you put on it. You just need to keep in mind what resistance you are going to be running on it. The SVD won't fire anything below 1.5ohm so building a coil lower than that on a dripper won't work on it, but that gets risky anyways.

  6. #6
    Super Member Verified Member Recon Number 54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    379

    Default

    I only have limited hands-on experience (a buddy was nice enough to let me try his), but if memory serves, it has both 510 and eGo threading. That should connect to nearly anything/everything out there (with very few exceptions).
    After many years online, there is one thing that I have learned. ​"Internet is gonna Internet"

  7. #7
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Train2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    6,594

    Default

    Yes, to above - 510 and Ego threads.
    Also, it'll take pretty much any battery - 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650...button, no button...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agavehound View Post
    Yes you can. I'm using and SVD and IGO-L, both of which I purchased yesterday. I'm lovin' it!

    edit: I think there is a Jvapes in prescot, that's where I got my setup from.
    Thank you! Good to know. Jvapes is in Prescott! They have the BEST juice, but the staff is very elitist and not very helpful. They contradict themselves a lot and don't seem to really care about their customers much.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Narco View Post
    Yes, the SVD is a really good all-around mod. I personally use a tank.

    Side question, when you vape, what wattage/voltage are you vaping at? Maybe you are not vaping at a high enough W/V for the juice to vaporize and that is why you are getting the flooding. I was doing the same thing until someone showed me.
    I vape at 3.6V (anything much higher and the Protank II burns the juice. As for wattage, I'm not sure.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by State O' Flux View Post
    The SVD, like most all VV-VW APVs, will not fire below X resistance... most Innokin APVs start having issues at 1.0Ω - give or take a tenth or two.
    So... as long as you keep your dripper resistance above that... say a nice easy 1.5Ω or better, you're good to go. If you want to play with RDAs and sub-ohm, you'll want an unregulated mech mod.
    What is dripper resistance all about? Right now, on the Protank II, I'm using a 2.5 ohm atomizer. I'm hoping to figure out how to build my own wicks for the SVD. Any tips on that? Thank you all for being so helpful!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks