Trying to get Father off Cigs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Trying to get Father off Cigs

Default Trying to get Father off Cigs

MY dad wont quit smoking and now has leukemia. I just started the ecig thing, v2 w/ ex blanks, i am somewhat happy. My dad is another issue all together. He is a heavy chain smoker, winst lights. In order to make him switch, he will have to have the following.
    high nicotine, ease of use, large amount of exhaled vapor to convince him its working, and be cheaper than real cigs.

he hit my v2 ex blanks, said it was close, but his hands would shake too much to fill them. also, i dont think he likes the pg taste.
    i got some v2 blank carts on the way, hoping he might be able to fill them, and some johnson creek 24 vg juice, and some needle bottles from ebay. he is stubborn, so i think he will end up having to use pre filled carts.

any suggestions for him? strong, cheap, carts, with just plain tobacco taste, preferably with low or no pg.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Amraann's Avatar

Have you considered getting him a tank? It may be easier for him to fill.
    meanckz likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the ECF!

Sorry, but I don't have any answer to your questions, but I am certain someone here will be more than willing to guide you on your way.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

ooooh, toughie ... I believe that most pre filled cartos are PG only juice, one of the reasons that I never cared for them. I hate to say it but your dad may be a very hard sell when it comes to ecig's because almost everything requires some effort and fiddling, especially when it comes to the delivery system (tank,carto, clearo, etc) ... You may just have to find a good large capacity carto and pre fill them for him ... fill like 5 3ml cartos at a time ... old timers are the hardest to convert.

FYI, there isn't any juice that actually tastes like a cigarette .. Tobacco juices at their best taste like some type of fresh, unburnt tobacco. Hopefully someone else who had a habit similar to your dad will chime in, because I can tell that you really want this to work for him ... good luck.
    meanckz likes this.

think that would be too many steps and i am sure he wants to see the juice easily through the window, but suggest one, i will look at it. thanks
    meanckz likes this.

Nikkita, I just looked at ( are we allowed to post brand names?) kanger esmarts. they fit the v2 batteries i saw on a video, and look bigger and might be easier to fill than v2 ex blanks. any thoughts? ty

he dont mind not tasting the prefect taste of a real cig, he just dont want no added bs that fake flavors and sweetens. i have poor grammar, lol, sorry

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've got a puri tank on order, I haven't got it yet tho, it looks easy to fill because of it's size and hold 4 ml of liquid

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

I am no expert, but here's my recommendation. Find an ecig that is easy to use, nothing fancy. Something with one button such as an eGo T. After that buy a low resistance atomizer for a stronger hit and buy high VG juice in either 24 or 36 mg (I'd say 24). As for the "cheaper" thing, all you have to do is some simple math.

5 packs a week is 25 bucks per week. That's 100 a month.
    My 30ml bottles usually last me about a month and cost me ~25 bucks.

Welcome and good luck with your father. Keep with it maybe you will find something adequate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast