First thing in the morning? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First thing in the morning?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Grimwald's Avatar

Yeah, that was me. Three or five cigs with my morning coffee. That morning smoke was the hardest to give up. For me, I just had to vape thru the cravings...and it took a good 45 minutes before I got enough nicotine on board to finally stop the cravings. After 2-3 weeks the morning cravings subsided.

One word of caution. After vaping my head off with 24 mg liquid for an hour or more, and downing 2-3 cups of high octane coffee...well, by mid morning I could get either woozy or pretty wired (think running around like a headless chicken). My solution was to cut back on the coffee...half caffeine, half decaf.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I smoked for almost 20 years. Heavily 2 packs a day. And the first few in the morning were better than the rest for the rest of the day. It's a strong association to replace. I still have very faint morning cig cravings, and vaping is a little harsh at the moment I roll out of bed a 4am.

But as time went on, I learned to hold off longer and longer in the mornings to allow my throat to prepare for the first vape, and as a result, stumbled on a way to make the first morning vape more satisfying. The waiting and wanting but knowing my throat had to wake up, (coffee helps prepare the throat) made it so rewarding when I finally sat down to begin my vaping.

It's a little different behavior than smoking, but now has become my favorite vape of the day, and that was pivotal in succeeding in the switch.
    hlk and Ultra-X like this.

I prefer tobacco and choclate or tobacco and caramel vapes with my morning coffee. Try a higher nicotine 20-24 in the mornings only.
    Ultra-X likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

Maybe it's more to do with fighting the habit that flavour.. You'll get there sooner than what u expect! Or Try NET ( naturally extracted tabacco) juices

But, I must say, that one of the great things about vaping is keeping it next to my bed at night. Wake up in the night, top off the nic without leaving that cozy nest... it's a treat! well, for me it is...
    Still wake up wanting a serious fix, though!

I agree I love waking up in the night and being able to just roll over and vape.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Also, I vape a vanilla hazelnut that is amazing with my coffee

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

hlk

I just bought an ego set with evods for my girlfriends sister who is a heavy smoker. I bought some vaperite.com honey tobacco flavor and melon so she could switch between the two. When buying for someone else, it's really hard to decide what they might like so some variation of tobacco is usually recommended. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can make her an ex smoker.. I know her family would be thrilled.

Queen of Hearts Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

RubyRuby:
    I know that for me the hardest time- when my cravings are the most intense- is first thing in the morning and right before bed at night. The best thing to do is use a higher nicotine level for these times. For me it's not about flavor but about how fast I can get my nicotine fix. I use 24mg in the morning and at bedtime. It knocks my cravings right out. Try this and it just might work for you too!
    Good Luck!!

Okay, I have at last & for now, settled this for me! what I like with my morning coffee is Irish Cream & Cinnamon Danish.... both going at once & randomly alternating.... Good good morning!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast