First thing in the morning? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First thing in the morning?

Super Member ECF Veteran ConradM's Avatar

Aside from flavor, vaping in the morning is not like smoking. I find it helps to drink more of my coffee now before I vape. Maybe some water too.

Also, I just got in some Honey Nut Tobacco from The Vapor Chef and it goes GREAT with my morning coffee. It is a little sweet though.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I found 2 flavors that i like so far for morning and afternoon vaping - banana nut bread and caramel cappuccino (from Gingers) and when I reordered those I got them in 24 mg. But I also like variety, so I've ordered some maple french toast (from Virgin) that is currently steeping - I can't wait to try it!

I'm now truly inhaling my breakfast

Super Member Verified Member BecknCO's Avatar

I've been at this just under 2 weeks, but a straight up coffee flavor at 24mg is what has been working okay for me. Since you said you vape mostly coffee flavors, I'm sure you've tried this. I agree with you that it's hard to do the too sweet stuff early. That's been my biggest struggle is finding flavors that aren't too sweet or don't taste too much like burnt popcorn.

Full Member Verified Member

I had the same problem. I would wake up and be like "I need a cig". So, I went to my "local" vape shop (which is over an hour away) and talked to them. They recommended me up my nicotine, I was vaping on 20 mg and moved up to 30 mg. Ever since then, I have NOT picked up a cig or even craved one.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran evan le'garde's Avatar

Something spicey !....
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Amraann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRuby View Post
    Okay, I have given up the stinkies & started vaping...mostly a pleasure. But I have a hard time first thing in the morning. I used to get up & SMOKE. Yucky, but true - at least 3 right after each other with my first cup of coffee. I can't seem to get the same feeling with vaping. Any suggestions for that start-the-day-off-right (or wrong) liquid? It is partly nic, which I can fix -but it is also flavour. The sweet ones taste weird at that time of day, the tobacco flavours taste gross...
    Please, don't suggest anything menthol - I buy orange flavoured toothpaste because I dislike mint.
    I know that others have gone through this. What works for you?
    I dislike mint too. I have not read all the replies but if it has not been suggested yet... Up the nic in your morning vape and maybe try a coffee/ vanilla or mocha type flavor?

Full Member ECF Veteran RubyRuby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BecknCO View Post
    I've been at this just under 2 weeks, but a straight up coffee flavor at 24mg is what has been working okay for me. Since you said you vape mostly coffee flavors, I'm sure you've tried this. I agree with you that it's hard to do the too sweet stuff early. That's been my biggest struggle is finding flavors that aren't too sweet or don't taste too much like burnt popcorn.
    I had terrible trouble with the burnt popcorn thing too - until just very recently. I'm not sure if it my tastebuds have finally healed, or if the change in my vape gear has made the difference, but it is FINALLY a thing of the past.

Full Member Verified Member airframer's Avatar

That first thing in the morning kills me too. I've taken to puffing away on a cinnamon juice while laying in bed until I no longer feel the need for a smoke.

Anything with a good throat hit is enough for me. But since vaping isn't as "effective" for that instant satisfaction, it's hard. Mornings are busy around here, so I don't get to sit and puff for like 15 minutes to get the same satisfaction as smoking. It's more a lifestyle adjustment, though. Old habits still die hard. But still a million times more worth it.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRuby View Post
    Okay, I have given up the stinkies & started vaping...mostly a pleasure. But I have a hard time first thing in the morning. I used to get up & SMOKE. Yucky, but true - at least 3 right after each other with my first cup of coffee. I can't seem to get the same feeling with vaping. Any suggestions for that start-the-day-off-right (or wrong) liquid? It is partly nic, which I can fix -but it is also flavour. The sweet ones taste weird at that time of day, the tobacco flavours taste gross...
    Please, don't suggest anything menthol - I buy orange flavoured toothpaste because I dislike mint.
    I know that others have gone through this. What works for you?
    Hi RubyRuby - Know just what you're going through - Those were the freaking hardest ones for me to chuck - I started by limiting myself to two stinkies with my morning coffee - once those were done I picked up my stick - I like vanilla creamer in my coffee so I was used to a bit of sweetness in that area and found that the caramelly-butterscotchy flavors went well while I finished up the rest of my coffee (and I only drink coffee in the am - got off the pm caffeine quite a while ago) - Did that for a few weeks then backed it down to just one and that 'one' was really tasting like dogdoo so I'd have a few puffs, put it out and pick up the gear - That lasted about two weeks and never get through a whole stinky - Hubby would finish the butts! lol This week I am working on breaking the 'wooby' of having a stinky in my purse (would bring just one with me to work but just left it there - now not bringing any at all!) - I suppose the hardest part will be finding a taste you like to go with your coffee - Maybe changing up your coffee will help? I enjoy fruity flavors throughout the day but not first thing in the am - Good luck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast