Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Buford T. Justice
  • 1 Post By WarHawk-AVG
  • 1 Post By Buford T. Justice

Thread: A Fix for Burnt / Metallic / Plastic Taste on eGo CE4 Clearomizers

Default A Fix for Burnt / Metallic / Plastic Taste on eGo CE4 Clearomizers

This is my first post on this forum. I was going to put this in the eGo Forum, but I guess I am too new to post there, lol. I am still new to eCigs, but I have a VaporzX eGo CE4 with two 650 mAh batteries and a friend just sent me a new Volcano Inferno for dripping. So far, my favorite flavor is the VaporzX Desert Ship 24 mg. I started using my eCig Sunday, October the 6th, at around 8:30 PM. I had smoked tobacco for about 25 years mainly Winston Red cigarettes. I have not had an analog cigarette since. I feel like I have been bitten by a werewolf, lol. My senses of taste and smell have improved dramatically. I am breathing much better.

I bought 10 new clearomizers from an eBay seller rated at 2.6-2.9 ohm. I have only tried two of them so far. Both have that horrible burnt, metallic, plastic taste even after cleaning them with water prior to putting eJuice in them. I came across this fix where you take the silicon cap out of the clearomizer, trim just a tiny little bit off of it (the bottom open part that slips over the power tube in the clearomizer), and put it back into the clearomizer:

CE4 metallic taste - LizardJuice.com Blog

An Easier Fix
    Last edited by Buford T. Justice; 10-28-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

2. Advertisement
    Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to ECF, glad u found your fix.......

My fix is always in my hand!

Vapeing for Freedom

4. Advertisement

Good piece of info. Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Justice View Post
    This is my first post on this forum. I was going to put this in the eGo Forum, but I guess I am too new to post there, lol. I am still new to eCigs, but I have a VaporzX eGo CE4 with two 650 mAh batteries and a friend just sent me a new Volcano Inferno for dripping. So far, my favorite flavor is the VaporzX Desert Ship 24 mg. I started using my eCig Sunday, October the 6th, at around 8:30 PM. I had smoked tobacco for about 25 years mainly Winston Red cigarettes. I have not had an analog cigarette since. I feel like I have been bitten by a werewolf, lol. My senses of taste and smell have improved dramatically. I am breathing much better.

I bought 10 new clearomizers from an eBay seller rated at 2.6-2.9 ohm. I have only tried two of them so far. Both have that horrible burnt, metallic, plastic taste even after cleaning them with water prior to putting eJuice in them. I came across this fix where you take the silicon cap out of the clearomizer, trim just a tiny little bit off of it (the bottom open part that slips over the power tube in the clearomizer), and put it back into the clearomizer:

CE4 metallic taste - LizardJuice.com Blog

This fixed worked perfectly!
    Nice..it's called a "dry hit"

That rubber cap presses down too hard on the wick choking it's ability to pull the juice to the coil

Another solution is to back off the top cap a 1/2 turn or so

Awesome find though, don't cut too much or they will gurgle and leak!

Oh and Welcome!
    Last edited by WarHawk-AVG; 10-28-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

Welcome. Glad you are switching from the real thing.....if in a few months you find yourself wanting to go back, look around at fonding some other device/method that will keep you satisfied and out of the downward cig spiral.

Thanks for the welcomes. I also took the cap out of an old clearomizer and put it into a new one which worked just as well.

I am not missing smoking those damn cigarettes at all. The eCig is a godsend for those of us who liked smoking but didn't want to die from it
    DanielKF likes this.